Sign in to follow this  
SpongyChief101

Server TX20 admin abuse

Admin Hype banned a member for no apparent reason, also while calling him a bitch ass. when i replied asking him why he was banned he wouldnt reply.

If your buddy doesn't want to get banned then he shouldn't disconnect when he gets shot at. We warn the server every few hours every day.

• Like 3

Why couldnt you tell me that in game? And any reason for name calling? And just because your the server admin you will ban anyone you want. what about the various people ive shot at ON YOUR SERVER, who DCed and were not banned? is that fair? I will completely understand next time if next time i shoot at someone who DCs you will ban them also. but what if its you whos being the AS50 reticle?

Edited by SpongyChief101

Your friend was banned for disconnecting during pvp. He was called a bitch ass because thats exactly the way he acted. Your friend shoots at me and I have plenty of time to alt f4 out keeping my nvgs gps and silenced m4a1 but I don't and die instead. Even hype taking fire from you guys doesn't disconnect and runs away. He had an m107 gps and nvgs as well and didn't disconnect. He gets your friend carrying my silenced m4a1 through a field in his sights and shoots and misses, your friend immediatly disconnects.

So your friend is not welcome on our server because we do not put up with pvp disconnects. You don't like it go play somewhere else.

• Like 3

Why couldnt you tell me that in game? And any reason for name calling?

Because after I shot at him and he aborted i went to the lobby to open rcon and ban him. He got called a bitch because he acted like one.
  • Like 1

Admin Hype banned a member for no apparent reason, also while calling him a bitch ass. when i replied asking him why he was banned he wouldnt reply.

lols I love you posting shit like this when you obviously knew your friend d/c during combat......this has been seen as an exploit since the game came out and yet you wonder why you're getting banned, what a joke you are

• Like 1

just because your the server admin you will ban anyone you want. what about the various people ive shot at ON YOUR SERVER, who DCed and were not banned? is that fair?

If you shoot at someone and they DC then e-mail us at the e-mail we have posted in the M,OTD. Send us screenshots and we'll ban that person too.

• Like 1

Unfortunately we cannot know everytime someone disconnects during pvp. But the people we do encounter that disconnects after we shoot at them, we ban. If you guys are mad at the ban......to bad because we are not revoking it.

• Like 1

Okay i just wanted to know why you couldnt tell me. And i will gladly send you all the pics when it happens. dont ban me for calling peope what they are now though. and he DCed while being shot at. that is a bitch ass move.

Edited by SpongyChief101

Unfortunately we cannot know everytime someone disconnects during pvp. But the people we do encounter that disconnects after we shoot at them, we ban. If you guys are mad at the ban......to bad because we are not revoking it.

Its no big deal dont worry about the ban he deserved it. but the people i catch deserve it too.

First off there's no way to prove he dc'ed intentionally and if there is prove it. Tried of Admins doing this...Your abusing your power because a player disconnected on TX20 when dozens of players DC on that server daily. What I feel is happening is your mad because someone killed the other admin. So please, provide us with proof that he dc'ed to avoid combat and not because his net went out or because he kicked a cable.

To ban for something like dc'ing is stupid, until the log timer is added to disallow intentional dc'ing theres nothing we can do.

Your friend shoots at me and I have plenty of time to alt f4 out keeping my nvgs gps and silenced m4a1 but I don't and die instead.

That was me who took the silenced M4 + NVG's thanks :)

First off there's no way to prove he dc'ed intentionally and if there is prove it. Tried of Admins doing this...Your abusing your power because a player disconnected on TX20 when dozens of players DC on that server daily. What I feel is happening is your mad because someone killed the other admin. So please, provide us with proof that he dc'ed to avoid combat and not because his net went out or because he kicked a cable.

To ban for something like dc'ing is stupid, until the log timer is added to disallow intentional dc'ing theres nothing we can do.

Oh yes, because kicking an internet cable or just losing connection is a much more likely cause especially after being shot at right before.. And no we are not mad. We die, we lose gear, vehicles, and you know what we do? We get more and continue having a great gaming session because the games not about gear.

That was me who took the silenced M4 + NVG's thanks :)

No problem. But I do ask that you leave the immature taunts behind. It doesn't help your case.

I feel that it is necessary to chime in on the last half of this thread.

ArmA 2 isn't a "stupid" game in the sense that it doesn't simply report a player losing connection as a disconnect. If a player is on wifi and their internet drops, power goes out etc the game shows "PlayerA is losing connection". If the player vanishes to the lobby, it says nothing but obviously that player is in the lobby for a reason. When a player disconnects with ALT-F4, CTRL-ALT-DEL or anything of that sort it says "PlayerA has disconnected"

Based on community response and server admin discussion, the player that was banned from our server will remain banned for disconnecting during PVP. It is considered an exploit and exploiting is considered cheating.

cesar2224, you stated that admins are abusing their power because there is not formidable way to tell whether or not someone legitimately disconnected during PVP. I have reviewed the case and spoken with players in the community, the server admins and read the posts made by two of the admins and some community members about the player. The ban will remain in place. I will have a moderator lock the topic to prevent any further discussion on this matter.

• Like 1