Giragast

Zombie fatigue/broken legs

To counter player problems with endless zombie chases (personally I have no problem with this) a method to handle zombie fatigue could be introduced.

Rather than a zombie getting tired and giving up, or simply slowing down, I'd prefer that the zombies break their legs from the repeated footfall impacts and continue crawling instead.

The balancing for this then comes from how long the legs remain intact and if the terrain type has an impact on that duration.

This has probably been suggested already.

inb4 omg you want to make the game easier, damn you!!!!

;-)

+1, but the problem is that you could always outrun them. Maybe we would need player fatigue to counter this again...

This could be a valid solution to the infinite chase(they never stop chasing me).

I reckon they should infrequently break their legs on uneven terrain, if they are full speed and when just walking have it very rare for them to break a leg.

I also think you should be able to lose a zombie by leaving LOS and making no sound till they give up(Kinda Assasins creed like but they don't lave immediately and are still very alert).

Then if you are bleeding it should be 50% easier for the zombies to detect you so even using items would give you away meaning you'd need to get even further away.

ofcasue that would need tweaking because areas dense with buildings have alot of hiding places.

I dont think there should be fatigue on the zombies, this would make the game a lot more easier. Maybe slow them down just a little bit but even than the game doesn't change that much. I dont think Rocket should touch the zombies that much since they're actually working quite good now except for the bugs and zig zagging.

The main point for the broken leg mechanic is to avoid having to do lots of work on how the zombies function. They won't STOP chasing the player, but it will at least switch them to a slower mode that makes sense thematically.

Regardless, I wouldn't expect it to be something that happens until the chase has been going for quite some time. Running a 1km should really be long enough for something to be chasing you. If you've lasted that long I think you've probably made your point that you can handle the chase.

After a 1km run the zombies should catch and maul you to death imo. Deal with them or don't make them angry.

I dont think Rocket should touch the zombies

I sense a new forum signature in my future.

:D

TKJ

Uh oh what have I done.

Right now I see the player options as being (assuming they legged it out of a city into the wilderness):

1. Kill the zombies (best)

2. No ammo, give up and die (wait a few minutes to respawn)

3. Log out (wait a few minutes to respawn)

4. Keep running

Most people will go for 1 when far enough out of a city, and if they have no ammo will go for 3.

Having a way for the zombies to be less of an immediate threat after running for long enough would keep players IN THE GAME and help to prevent logging as being the first chosen option for any threat they encounter.

But you're right, player fatigue would be more in keeping with the game and much more punishing for mistakes. More work to implement though.

Perhaps while running in panic-mode the food/water meters should decrease significantly faster? So running through the woods normally won't be such a big deal, but if you're being pursued it has a much more dramatic impact on how far you can go.

I dont think there should be fatigue on the zombies' date=' this would make the game a lot more easier. Maybe slow them down just a little bit but even than the game doesn't change that much. I dont think Rocket should touch the zombies that much since they're actually working quite good now except for the bugs and zig zagging.

[/quote']

Those bugs and zig-zagging are the problems.

But letting them break the legs is good, or maybe they fall down and crawl when you run downhill.

I guess them bandits wouldnt like this.

They need to fix zombies not being able to walk over certain tiles

They need to fix zombies not being able to walk up certain stairs.

They need to fix zombies not being able to sprint up all stairs/mountains.

They need to fix zombies walking through closed doors.

They need to speed up zombies, make them horrifying even for well armed players, as it should be in real life if something like this were to happen.

And last but not least, fix the zig zagging.

This is not a Zombie Survival Horror game in it's current state, it's a poorly balanced PvP oriented Left 4 Dead "spawn-in with no gear and get raped by poor foreveraloneIRL bandits" game.

But I hope they can turn the boat around ;)

I'm not saying it's a bad game, trust me, I've played over 300 hours already! :o But it sure is getting pretty boring. Starting to become some kind of vehicle collector / bandit rapist

either they let you spawn with a makarov again or they make it less of a pain to loose zombies its that simple.

either they let you spawn with a makarov again or they make it less of a pain to loose zombies its that simple.

Currently it takes 30 seconds to lose zombies on your tail.