Sign in to follow this  
tnoy23

how computer intense is dayZ?

i can run arma 2 free on lowest graphics settings, but for good measure on what you guys think here are my specs

processor : intel ® core i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20 ghz 3.20 ghz

ram: 8 GBS

graphics card : intel ® HD graphics (core i5)

thats all i could figure out, let me know if you need something else

Get a dedicated graphics card and you will be totally fine. Without it you will have major lag and low fps in most cases.

my slot sucks, and we cant replace it due to low watt output to it. can i play as it is at all?

And be sure to close the stupid fucking launcher. Causes massive lag.

And be sure to close the stupid fucking launcher. Causes massive lag.

XD i will, i dont have it yet though

Wait your slot? and low watt output? um are you on something that cost about 300 bucks from bestbuy? becaus if you can have a gpu installed i would recomend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130770 or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150598 (get the Dubble D card for the same price if you have a case that can move the hot air out)

im 13, i dont have acess to 130$ for the card alone. it has the worst graphics card slot and not alot of power to it, its good in every other aspect

edit: and what is defined as a low fps, i can more than bear 15-20 fps

Edited by tnoy23

When i say low i mean anything unplayable. Your computer seems like it was built for work not for play. Ask your parents if sometime in the near futer if they could look into upgrading the computer so you can play games on it.

When i say low i mean anything unplayable. Your computer seems like it was built for work not for play. Ask your parents if sometime in the near futer if they could look into upgrading the computer so you can play games on it.

i have yet to find a game i couldnt play. 2 peoples definition of unplayable are different as well. for me basically anywhere in double digits will work.i dont know what yours is so it could be able to run by mine, but not by yours. what do you think the fps will be?

Edited by tnoy23

There really isnt a set limmit for FPS that you shuld need to play. I know on my old GPU i ran on min settings 40 fps and it felt choppy. my new gpu i play maxxed at ~ 20 FPS and it is really smoth. you just have to feel it to know.

i can run arma 2 free bearably, i remeber reading another forum post that said youd be able to run dayz. as long as i can hit my move to hit my target, im fine

Your processsor is fine, its just the graphics cards. Try using this to reduce lag if you have lag problems

http://dayzmod.com/f...ge__hl__ramdisk

ok thanks, hope i wont need it though

one last thing, is dayz more computer intensive than arma 2 free?