Sign in to follow this  
daniel1040

Starting pistol?

I just keep dying every time i spawn. Every video i have found about the learning the game they have a makarov pistol.What i'm i doing wrong?

The videos are in an older version of DayZ. The starting pistol was taken out a couple updates ago.

learn you enviorment even tho you dont spawn with a pistol you can still survive certin builds can help you lose agro

You've picked the worst time to try and learn the game because everything is completely screwed atm.

you dont start with a pistol, but you can sneak into buildings (high value barns are nice) and find a hatchet or a shotgun usually and now youre set to go, I find that this map is quite helpful http://dayzdb.com/map

I just keep dying every time i spawn. Every video i have found about the learning the game they have a makarov pistol.What i'm i doing wrong?

How to survive.

1. Crouch or prone on spawn depending on your level of paranoia. I prone then crawl to where I can see my surroundings.

2. Looks clear? Yes then crouch and run away from the ocean. Head north. Avoid contact with everything and keep huge distance from any humanoid living or dead.

3. Avoid big cities. at least until you have a good rifle.

4. Search for barns and deer huts. Loot them all for firearms and then really useful hatchet.

5. Now you are no longer totally helpless.

6. Now you can start raiding towns.

Just watch a quick start guide or two on the DayZ channel