xenomat

Zombies are to intelligent and fast.

Hi,

i have no issues with everything else in the game, i really like the realism! And also: GREAT MOD, keep up the good work (and make it so i can start my own server at home)! :D

BUT...

1. Zombies are to fast - If you are desperate and have to run away, they should never be able to keep up with you indefinitely. They are rotting corpses! Also, Zombies evading gunshots (by quickly runjumping left and right) seems very strange, they should come straight at you.

2. Zombies are to intelligent - Seeing you and figuring out a way to get to you through an obstacle course? That's not zombielike at all. They lock onto you and navigate through a buildung, including climbing ladders, to get to you. In my opinion they are supposed to be more mindless.

In summary: Please nerf the zombies A LITTLE, see suggestions above.

Thats it from me, thanks for listening. :)

cheers

xenomat

They not zombies. They are alive, infected and pissed at you.

I agree.

How a zombie can jump right and left to catch you?

A zombie just "think" : "braaaaiinnnn"

Maybe add some slow zombie (not more monkey, just slow) and make the fast one more rare?

wut?

I don't know how i can explain it any better... :-/

All they do is follow noise...the only thing they have going for them is speed and hearing.

You can stand still in front of one and be fine. I hardly call that being too intelligent.

Also, they dont "avoid" your bullets...they zig-zag at random due to Arma's AI (they werent coded to zig-zag) AFAIK

'Griff said:

All they do is follow noise...the only thing they have going for them is speed and hearing.

You can stand still in front of one and be fine. I hardly call that being too intelligent.

Also' date=' they dont "avoid" your bullets...they zig-zag at random due to Arma's AI (they werent coded to zig-zag) AFAIK

I'm more under the impression that once they hear or see you, they lock onto you and never let go, following your every move and route through walls, ceilings, woods... I call that intelligent, or cheating.

Maybe i don't know all the evasion tactics yet.

If you are out of Ammo and a zombie is following, you can never get rid of him (at least i don't know how). Right now i would guess they also can drive cars and fly helicopters. :s

Edited by xenomat

I'm more under the impression that once they hear or see you' date=' they lock onto you and never let go, following your every move and route through walls, ceilings, woods... I call that intelligent, or cheating.

Maybe i don't know all the evasion tactics yet.

[/quote']

Or incomplete AI coding

I agree partially.

In the towns it is pretty cool that the zombie AI behaves a bit over the top. That makes you think twice before you decide you sneak to a house with nice loot.

However, When you do need to make a run for it there needs to be a way to get rid of them, when you are running for 5 miles and they are still breathing down your neck then that spoils the immersion a bit and makes it a bit unbelievable. Besides that it sux when you spend a lot of time to get good loot and then get killed because you can't ever outrun the zombies. Overall the zombies are to persistent after they get a lock on you, they should lose interest in you after some time/distance.

Sorry to burst your bubble but zombies are not real so there is no exact brand of "zombie." It's make believe, it's what you want it to be, and this is how the creator imagines zombies.

I presume (I could be completely off), but neither one of us have ever met a zombie in real life (apart from the last time i woke up with a chick i met at a local pub) so it's kind of hard to say if they would be "fast" or "slow". I feel that the current system works perfect. I still scream like a girl (no offense to any of the DayZ women out there) every time I get hunted by a zombie.

Anyways, to my point: I feel that the current system works great, the zombies (although they respawn to quick) are just as scary as I would imagine them to be.

If you call zombies intelligent, then you've clearly never encountered the regular ArmA2 AI.

Zombies are actually scripted animals (as far as the game is concerned). So not really what I would call intelligent.

Then call it buggy, incomplete AI coding or whatever... As B00tsy was saying, they are to persistent. At least you should be able to loose them after a while.

@Kramartacusif

If everything is like the devs imagine/want it, why are they taking suggestions?

Hi' date='

i have no issues with everything else in the game, i really like the realism! And also: GREAT MOD, keep up the good work (and make it so i can start my own server at home)! :D

BUT...

1. Zombies are to fast - If you are desperate and have to run away, they should never be able to keep up with you. They are rotting corpses! Also, Zombies who evade gunshots (by quickly runjumping left and right)!? Come on...

2. Zombies are to intelligent - Seeing you and figuring out a way to get to you? That's not zombielike at all. They navigate through a buildung including climbing ladders to get to you, thats "unrealistic". They are mindless beasts!

In summary: Please nerf the zombies, at least a little. They should not run as fast as humans, and they should not climb ladders. Or at least they should not be able to navigate through a labyrinth to get to you...

Thats it from me, thanks for listening. :)

cheers

xenomat

[/quote']

So you know some zombies in real life? You know u can sprint in arma by double tapping the 'W'?

I respect your opinion but dude, there is a ton of other easy brainless games to play, this is arma its suppose to be hard.

'Limeni2x said:

So you know some zombies in real life? You know u can sprint in arma by double tapping the 'W'?

I respect your opinion but dude' date=' there is a ton of other easy brainless games to play, this is arma its suppose to be hard.

No, i don't know any zombies in real life. I also set unrealistic in quotation marks. And i also know how to sprint, but you can't loose the zombies.

The idea of a zombie is a mindless corpse, why would it be able to keep up with a human (alive) running forever? As i tried to explain, i have nothing against a hard game, but not being able to outrun a brainless, reanimated corpse is strange.

Edited by xenomat

I respect your opinion but dude' date=' there is a ton of other easy brainless games to play, this is arma its suppose to be hard.

[/quote']

No, i don't know any zombies in real life. I also set unrealistic in quotation marks. And i also know how to sprint, but you can't loose the zombies.

The idea of a zombie is a mindless corpse, why would it be able to keep up with a human (alive) running forever? As i tried to explain, i have nothing against a hard game, but not being able to outrun a brainless, reanimated corpse is strange.

lol why wouldnt they be able to run forever? If you can run forever even though its very unrealistic they should be able to do the same. Your logic is very weird. So what if they dont have brain? Running is not a science ffs.

This is how I see this thread, you hate running zombies cause they make this game hard, you want them to be nerfed but you dont have a real reason for that so you are using some fail logic.

amirite?

'Limeni2x said:

lol why wouldnt they be able to run forever? If you can run forever even though its very unrealistic they should be able to do the same. Your logic is very weird. So what if they dont have brain? Running is not a science ffs.

This is how I see this thread' date=' you hate running zombies cause they make this game hard, you want them to be nerfed but you dont have a real reason for that so you are using some fail logic.

amirite?

I didn't say anything about logic. It just goes against what i would expect from a zombie, which is supposed to be a reanimated, rotting corpse.

What is a "real" reason? I think zombies should not be able to keep up with a human indefinitely, period. Thats what i think and it is a suggestion in a suggestion forum.

The game would still be hard, even if a zombie looses interesst after following you for a while. That is only one aspect of the zombies difficulty.

Edited by xenomat

back on topic (as far as I can see any way), there most definitely needs to be a skilful way for zombies to be both lost and eliminated on the run. I know you can kinda pass aggro from a chase to another person but that's not a real solution to the issue just a helpful bug

It is my opinion that zombies should rush towards the origins of a sound and only once there start searching at a rapid pace for something to nom nom. With this design you could make a withdrawal from a long range shot, throw a grenade in a direction you want the zombies to be redirected, drop a smoke grenade at your feet or whatever other way you could work out to escape... but this at least leaves options and introduces tactics to handling a horde. With that said... I don't have this issue because i play like a fucking ninja.

There intelligence doesn't bother me it was a great moment when I saw they could climb ladders.

The super fast zombies are a bit comical and break my immersion a bit. It looks like the end of an episode of The Benny Hill Show when they come "running", all that is missing is a random big titty woman running behind the zombies. The animations are so fast it looks odd.

I think they're too DUMB and SLOW.

Seriously, you can outrun all zombies in the game. It's like you're the fastest person alive. You might not lose their interest, but you can outrun them wholesale without taking any damage.

They're pretty dumb as well. When you recognize that all of the "behaviors" you attribute to them (zig-zagging, hearing you through walls, etc) are simply engine issues and not intended aspects... they really have NO thought to them other than the typical interests of a zombie.

Either way, I don't attribute zig-zagging and the like to intelligence. If they were using firearms, that'd be symbols of intelligence... using tools... all that. But they're not, they're running at you and making you shit your pants when they do like that type infected usually do.

I think they should zig-zag LESS, but it wouldn't be very sporting if they just ran at you head on 24/7.

Think of them as animals, not single-celled organisms. They are capable of rudimentary, situational, adaptation... they have instincts... etc.

'Katana67 said:

Seriously' date=' you can outrun all zombies in the game. It's like you're the fastest person alive. You might not lose their interest, but you can outrun them wholesale without taking any damage.

Then i would be very thankfull if you give some insight in how to outrun them, because i can't do it. They swim, they climb, they run forever, when i alarm just one without ammo, i'm dead.

Fastest person alive? We are talking about Arma, right?

Edited by xenomat

I have found myself several times now being seen by a single zed coming at me. Now i know shooting might attract others but there is not much else i can do then start running my ass off, but even this attracts more and more zeds. So most of the time i just take the shot and hope for the best.

But once others have been alerted your pretty much screwed if there is not some form of way to tunnel them in. You look over you shoulder and see over 30 zeds chasing you and just keep thinking.... now what..

Can turn around and try and kill them but thats gonna cost me my ammo and in alot of cases it even runs out before you kill them all. At this stage your screwed there is nothing you can do to shake them.

Except for hoping to find another player and let him deal with it one way or the other. But if your in a area that does not have alot of players coming to it then.... Your still screwed, there should be atleast be another way to deal with the problem even without ammo. I know we want to keep it realistic (allthough at this time i have yet to see a zombie in real life ) but its also still a game. I don't mind it being hard but i would like to have a fighting chance.

I dunno if arma allows for melee weapons like a machete, yeah i know its a bit l4d2 but it would make sense.. Offcourse you would need to find one first, not only does this give you a way to fight back it also gives players a way to sneak thru towns in a silent matter. Some might say that would spoil the game a bit but you will need to get close and personal with zeds so you will need to sneak up on them with still quite some risk being involved.

Greetz Solid

I also think the zombies move way too fast. With the increase in zombie population, and the fact that they NEVER lose you once they "hear" you (even if you moved into a hidden spot immediately after making a noise with no zombies in line of sight), they should move slower. Having every zombie in a 100yard radius running STRAIGHT to you after making a noisy mistake breaks the immersion greatly imo. I also have a feeling that if they didn't move so fast the pathing wouldn't glitch out quite so bad, but that is just a gut instinct.