Sign in to follow this  
Xt1nct1on

How to save loss of gear from the gilli/cammo skin bug

So since the patch i have refused to log in after hearing people loose all their gear except for their backpack and getting dropped in the ocean or debug forrest if they had a gilli suit on or cammo. While sitting on the toilet taking a dump where most good ideas come from i remembered about two weeks ago changing my profile name to reflect my clan tag. When I changed my name it dumped my gilli into my bag and reset my video settings and gave me a new profile look.

So I decided to give it a try... I logged into the lobby of a server... and went to the profile section and created a new name. I then exited...and reentered the lobby and launched the game. It worked with the exception that my gilli suit disappeared. I didn't loose any other gear though nor dumped in the ocean or debug forest.

Hope this helps one of the hold outs...

Cheers!

The glitch only happens if you find a ghillie and put it on in 1.7.2

If you were already wearing one it just dissapears just like yours did and like mine.

Good you got some "thinking" done though.

Actually if you had a ghillie suit in 1.7.1.5 and you update, you will lose the ghillie.

The way it happened to me was I spawned in the Supermarket I was in when I logged out, but I was swimming on the floor.

Disconnected, logged back in and I was in the debug plains.

I ran back to the play area and everything was fine, but it seems like everyone experiences something different.