Sign in to follow this  
otis606

Need help picking out a new video card

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 video card, I will spend 50-100 dollars but I wanna make sure the game runs well. Thanks in advance. btw I have a desktop.

Edited by otis606

i have AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics card, its a great card that came with my laptop i dont think u can buy it online seperately atleast i cant find one but 2 really great cards is a ATI radeon HD 4850 which runs for $85

its a really great card with great review from gamers who use ATi cards in a AMD processor laptop, AMD processors are much more suited for gaming (just a lil tip) but another card its only $2 over what u said and its even better the the previous card which is a

Radeon HD 4670 IceQ Graphics card-1GB - DDR3 SDRAM great thing about this is it has a built on fan that will allow your CPU to not use any extra energy which will overheat ur laptop and it will keep it cool and ur game smooth. :D

Edited by Jasmer

i have AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics card, its a great card that came with my laptop i dont think u can buy it online seperately atleast i cant find one but 2 really great cards is a ATI radeon HD 4850 which runs for $85

its a really great card with great review from gamers who use ATi cards in a AMD processor laptop, AMD processors are much more suited for gaming (just a lil tip) but another card its only $2 over what u said and its even better the the previous card which is a

Radeon HD 4670 IceQ Graphics card-1GB - DDR3 SDRAM great thing about this is it has a built on fan that will allow your CPU to not use any extra energy which will overheat ur laptop and it will keep it cool and ur game smooth. :D

I have a desktop though, will this videocard still work?

I have a desktop though, will this videocard still work?

it should but before you make a Purchase since you said your self your not graphic card educated, i work mostly with laptops i believe it will work but id go to a computer shop near by with the model number of ur cpu box and have them see if the graphics card would work, i dont see why it wouldnt work

Your best bet is to open up your desktop, if it isn't under warranty, and read the desktop motherboard and google that. From there get a specs sheet and see what you can run. Big difference in pic slots. If you have no idea what I'm saying open it up and take a picture. Someone here can help.

Your best bet is to open up your desktop, if it isn't under warranty, and read the desktop motherboard and google that. From there get a specs sheet and see what you can run. Big difference in pic slots. If you have no idea what I'm saying open it up and take a picture. Someone here can help.

^ agreed another simple way.