Sign in to follow this  
aiszaxs

Alive Time ?

Hi - on the front page of http://dayzmod.com/ i can see the average "survival time" is like 35 min.

But is there any way I can see my characters survival time in-game?

I would like to compete with my friends about who will survive the longest, and still gain good gear and stuff'

Regards IvyBridge

If i'm not mistaken, when you press "i" inside the game, a screen will come up with the name of the server and the players currently playing.

I believe along with your name, there will be a column showing a number that represents how many minutes you are actually alive.

Wrong information, sorry.

Edited by Fenrig

When you spawn after logging into a server, in the bottom right, there will be a (very) brief readout of where you are, and how many dayz you have been alive (real life days since character creation). Its not perfect, but if you compare notes on how many hours you play per day you can get a pretty good idea.

EDIT:

If i'm not mistaken, when you press "i" inside the game, a screen will come up with the name of the server and the players currently playing.

I believe along with your name, there will be a column showing a number that represents how many minutes you are actually alive.

↑Incorrect, the number shown is your zombie kills↑

Edited by FunkyHermitCrab

Could you not video yourselves with Fraps or something? Or just trust each other?

ATM my best survival rate is like above 24 hr, so no go

I only thought it showed the amount of zombies you've killed ?

Along with the above suggestions from members, this will be a feature in the new player profile designs. If you watched the Rezzed interview, Rocket shows a screenshot of the player profile design.

You can watch the video here:

8:12 is the time frame of the website stuff. View the top right corner for "life expectancy" as well as a bunch of other statistics. A lot is still in development, and of course privacy will be taken into consideration.

Along with the above suggestions from members, this will be a feature in the new player profile designs. If you watched the Rezzed interview, Rocket shows a screenshot of the player profile design.

You can watch the video here:

8:12 is the time frame of the website stuff. View the top right corner for "life expectancy" as well as a bunch of other statistics. A lot is still in development, and of course privacy will be taken into consideration.

AAhh nifty! Well atm i can only estimate the survival time :)

Like people said, the game shows for how many days your character is still alive when you log in, but keeping track of how many hours you spent playing per day to estimate your time alive would be a real pain.

Maybe this will be implemented one day, it would be a cool feature.

Edited by Fenrig