jaynich

New player animation (Play dead) + other changes

An implementation of a new player animation/pose to play dead. So basically your player will lie down, and be in a "dead position" maybe even trigger a ragdoll mode and collapse.

Flies sound should be delayed until about 10 minutes or so after player death, to prevent from just being able to hear if someone is playing dead or not.

This would add a whole 'nother realm of play.

See a bandit? play dead.

Hearing gunshots from a horrible sniper? play dead.

It would also add a lot more cautious playing as someone could be playing dead and get up when you're attempting to loot them, or walk past them.

• Like 5

Dude play dead is awesome and far to eazy to put in.

Man this NEEDS to happen...simple elegant and brings a lot to the table in enhancing the PvP. !!!

Could be interesting. Are you suggesting this to work on other players, or players AND zombies?

Could be interesting. Are you suggesting this to work on other players, or players AND zombies?

I don't thing it should work with zombies they like to eat you even if your dead.

so bandit's also would shoot "dead" ppl

So they'd be wasting ammo shooting at corpses. Sounds good to me.

So they'd be wasting ammo shooting at corpses. Sounds good to me.

this. But they would probably be the ones playing dead until someone walked by

Sounds good to me, and this is already the case for zombies, atleast in occations where your visibility is 0 or near to it (usually at night close to a building). I had attracted a zombie at one point and at the moment i saw him i went prone, but he had seen me anyways. Then he came at me, and started to act funny, i was all LMAO, then he kicked me, then he kicked me again... and then for no apparent reason he turned around and walked away! ... (note. i behaved this way as i had just spawned and already used my bandage on another agro event, so running wasn't realy an option, but i am glad i didnt!)

So playing dead shouldn't change anything for zombies, if you are on the floor your visibility is already reduced, and they can already loose interest based upon that...

other than that, great suggestion!

Also, add a "zombie like" walk or crawl. So you can kinda look like a hopper or walker from a distance.

this. But they would probably be the ones playing dead until someone walked by

I'm ok with that too. My issues with the bandit/non-bandit gameplay is mostly related to the fact that being a bandit is easier AND more rewarding. Weapons and ammo should be 1/10th as available as they currently are, and finding sniper rifles and ghillie suits are way, way too easy. So you have a lot of bored, heavily armed bandits, and not much to do with other survivors.

I don't thing it should work with zombies they like to eat you even if your dead.

That was kind of my initial thought, too...

However, what might be interesting is that players could cover themselves in gore ala Walking Dead and move slowly near zombies and thus be "safe" in their "guts suit"... of course, you might then look like a zombie to another player... costs/benefits...

I'm ok with that too. My issues with the bandit/non-bandit gameplay is mostly related to the fact that being a bandit is easier AND more rewarding. Weapons and ammo should be 1/10th as available as they currently are, and finding sniper rifles and ghillie suits are way, way too easy. So you have a lot of bored, heavily armed bandits, and not much to do with other survivors.

I'd be interested to know where all these Ghille Suits and Sniper Rifles are... probably far away from anywhere I've managed to get to in the last five days... XD

I'd be interested to know where all these Ghille Suits and Sniper Rifles are... probably far away from anywhere I've managed to get to in the last five days... XD

Just loot military buildings. (Fire stations. deer stands. military tents) as for the ghillie suits, loot residential (houses, apartment buildings etc)

Everyone else, Im loving the feedback and additional ideas. a shambling walk animation would be a GREAT implementation as well!

Just loot military buildings. (Fire stations. deer stands. military tents) as for the ghillie suits, loot residential (houses, apartment buildings etc)

Everyone else, Im loving the feedback and additional ideas. a shambling walk animation would be a GREAT implementation as well!

I kinda figured thats where the gear would be... just places I don't get close to because I die. Frequently. XP

if i shot someone i would look to see if on the bottom left hand corner it said "MR X was killed" if it did not say anything then i would assume hes playing dead!

They should remove that as well, since if you're in Cherno, and PLAYER is in Berezino, you see on the bottom left PLAYER was killed. How would you know? You wouldnt. ha. So that should be removed entirely, but keep the player disconnect/connect messages.

Well then it's a great reason to remove that bit of text, wanna know if somebody is dead, go and kick his body...