Sign in to follow this  
hellstapochk

Barricade oneself in homes, buildings

There are some suggestions:

1) The houses and buildings will be fully open (ie open doors and windows in homes)

2) barricade the house, as well as inside the home and outside.

3) one bite - infected!

:)

You could just get a rocket launcher and blow the damn thing up. Or throw a grenade through the window.

Barricading would mean a ridiculous amount of work. Arma 2 buildings are single models with predetermined paths via which the AI moves. There is no way to disable a path at any given moment. Also, even if you place objects on the path the AI walks through since it ignores collision while on the path.

In theory all the buildings could be made out of multiple parts and the doors could be separate objects with two variations: with and without paths (non-barricaded and barricaded), which a script would toggle depending on the current state. It would still be questionable how the AI would navigate in these kind of buildings. But like I said, this would be a ridiculous amount of work and is unlikely to happen.

But do not despair, there is an alternative solution to deny the zombies access to a building: How the AI works is it finds one of the entry points determined in the building model (usually in front of a door). This is where the path starts and the AI starts following it. Block the AI's way to this entry point and he can't get in (barbed wire around the entrance maybe). This of course usually means you can't get out either.

This of course usually means you can't get out either.

You can step over the wire by holding the 'V'.

You could maybe use claymore mines in door openings and stairs, would be fun to have against bandits too.

You can step over the wire by holding the 'V'.

Oh yeah, I forgot that. Well, then it works even better. I was probably thinking of Arma 2's triple concertina wire object which you can't jump over.

I agree with barricading but once I saw the 3rd idea i laughed abit, infection should not happen, other mods have tried and failed horribly, i would hate to see that happen to this mod as well.

Well, if you close a door, no one can enter, even NPC's. So couldn't you just add a script or something that the door can't be opened any more?