Sign in to follow this  
Crayolacrayon

Hiding Vehicles

Is the only mostly safe option to drive them off the map? Atvs, motorcycles and bikes are easy to hide because you can just stick them in a bush but larger vehicles are almost impossible to hide on the map. My friends and I can never seem to keep the larger vehicles as someone always manages to find them and very quickly too if I might add. We hide them in low traffic area's far away from the coast and lucrative loot locations.

Silly you, you can't hide them off map anymore. They took that out ^^ your vehicle will be taken and respawned into the game, if you do try and hide it off map.

There is no safe place, as said before, even off map wasn't rly "safe"

Edited by LT.Sacred

Good, provides conflict.

Vehicles should not be hoarded or monopolized, unless it is by sheer effort to continuously defend and reacquire them, not hiding it 15 miles off the map.

• Like 1

I always find cars atm. Mostly hidden in forests that seem to be far from valuable loot spawns BUT are inbetween 2 valuable lootspots which is not a safe place to hide them.

I've kept some larger vehicles for upwards of two weeks untouched.

My advice is to use a combination of terrain and trees to conceal a vehicle from multiple angles.

Look for an area with dense pines combined with a steep down-slope. This way players above the vehicle will not see it as they look out over the slope, and players below will not see it as they look up into the trees.

It creates a kind of "visual keyhole" in which players must pass within ~30m of your vehicle to spot it. Even people purposefully searching for hidden assets are unlikely to stumble on it if you're clever.

Like so:

6LgQC.png

• Like 1

Silly you, you can't hide them off map anymore. They took that out ^^ your vehicle will be taken and respawned into the game, if you do try and hide it off map.

Interesting perhaps that's why my friends and I have actually started finding vehicles on the server we play on. I had a plan to keep our big ural truck safe but my friend didn't like it. The plan involved shooting out the tires so they can't take off with it and would only be able to rob us. We would then keep four spare tires on the easy to hide atv so we could move the the truck if it's position was made

I always find cars atm. Mostly hidden in forests that seem to be far from valuable loot spawns BUT are inbetween 2 valuable lootspots which is not a safe place to hide them.

Well we kept them hidden where people have no real reason to pass through it's not in between or near anything only way they could really come across it was if they were lost or taking a direct route to someplace from really far away.

ZedsDeadBaby your suggestion is a really good one and we'll try to implement it if we can get a larger vehicle again. I kinda wish that servers were only one character per because then it would lessen the risk people would find stuff since(not to mention server hoppers and d/cers) each server would have a set population but I understand why it isn't. It's funny when I first started playing this game i thought the map was enormous but once you've been playing for a while it really feels quite small.

Edited by Crayolacrayon
  • Like 2

Interesting perhaps that's why my friends and I have actually started finding vehicles on the server we play on. I had a plan to keep our big ural truck safe but my friend didn't like it. The plan involved shooting out the tires so they can't take off with it and would only be able to rob us. We would then keep four spare tires on the easy to hide atv so we could move the the truck if it's position was made

So your plan was to not actually use the truck? And you wanted it why?

So your plan was to not actually use the truck? And you wanted it why?

The URAL has more storage than like 5 tents combined.

It's slow as shit and can be seen from miles away.

It makes a much better stationary storage container than it does a means to travel around, unless you want everyone on the server to know your location and be able to catch up to you on a bicycle and toss a grenade through the window into your lap.

I've been keeping the Blue van in my camp for a while now with no issues. It's pretty well hidden in an area you have absolutely no reason to go to, but still is within civilization. It makes for the perfect not so hidden spot. ;)

did anyone find my blue gaz on server UK 9 yesterday?? i hid it and came back and it was gone but wasnt sure if it was a server restart or not

Prove it! Half the other things in the changelog weren't fixed and from what I see, vehicles are still hidden off map.

Let me tell you this. Vehicles are easy to hide. Most of them hidden in plain sight take forever for people to find. The ones in the forest are easy to find because people expect them there. Not to mention there are ESP hacks out that display location of vehicles which is why vehicles disappear quickly.

Prove it! Half the other things in the changelog weren't fixed and from what I see, vehicles are still hidden off map.

You can still try and hide them out there, but I think they disappear and re-spawn on server restart

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

The URAL has more storage than like 5 tents combined.

It's slow as shit and can be seen from miles away.

It makes a much better stationary storage container than it does a means to travel around, unless you want everyone on the server to know your location and be able to catch up to you on a bicycle and toss a grenade through the window into your lap.

Fair enough.

You can still try and hide them out there, but I think they disappear and re-spawn on server restart

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

i tried to pitch a tent off map..it made the sound and movement as usual

but at the end there was no tent.

after that i took my ride and hurried back to the map :S

i wouldn´t leave a vehicle off map anymore

Some people assume that because their vehicle is in the Wilderness, that it is safe... it is not. I've found more freshly repaired and unguarded trucks in the wilderness just accidentally than I ever have around cities. People don't even shove the vehicles in trees, they just leave them in the middle of clearings...

I think there should be a lootable camouflage net that can be draped over vehicles, mostly to remove the "glowing orb" that shows up around them when looked at in peripheral vision. But also to visually mask the thing.

• Like 5

Some people assume that because their vehicle is in the Wilderness, that it is safe... it is not. I've found more freshly repaired and unguarded trucks in the wilderness just accidentally than I ever have around cities. People don't even shove the vehicles in trees, they just leave them in the middle of clearings...

I think there should be a lootable camouflage net that can be draped over vehicles, mostly to remove the "glowing orb" that shows up around them when looked at in peripheral vision. But also to visually mask the thing.

I want this too, as well as for tents.