Sign in to follow this  
Crazysteve6547

An Improved Implementation of Humanity

I've seen that the Humanity System has been hard to implement because of the fact that it could harm people who are shooting in self defence. So, after reading on the wiki about shock, learning that it can be caused by being shot at, I came up with this idea. Say someone was walking around and suddenly begins taking fire. They run into cover and are in shock. They locate their attacker and kill him/her. They loose no humanity because they were in shock and it was triggered by being shot at. Now if a bandit just snipes someone from a Km away and takes no fire, they would still loose humanity.

thats... actually a great idea o.o i have yet to see a good idea that made sense kudos! :D

I've seen that the Humanity System has been hard to implement because of the fact that it could harm people who are shooting in self defence. So, after reading on the wiki about shock, learning that it can be caused by being shot at, I came up with this idea. Say someone was walking around and suddenly begins taking fire. They run into cover and are in shock. They locate their attacker and kill him/her. They loose no humanity because they were in shock and it was triggered by being shot at. Now if a bandit just snipes someone from a Km away and takes no fire, they would still loose humanity.

The reason why Humanity/bandit systems were "removed" was because it affected particular game styles not because people were getting murders in self defense. just putting that out.