jaggardos

DayZ background atmospheric enhancement.

Ive seen some people on here posting some musical ideas for DayZ, and, I dunno how you feel, but they all seem a bit too intrusive and loud etc. What is already in the game is gold, but I heard its not actually original, and its from fallout or something. If im wrong ignore me XD. Anyway, im willing to create some "music" which will be very (very) subtle, cos, hell, even if you turn the existing music off, the game still has the same intended effect, but without some awesome misleading noises and sound effects, and, as the title says, atmospheric enhancements.

PS. I think some cheesy russian music would go well on the main menu.

PS.PS Il do this for free :D

Sounds like a good idea. The 'Cheesy Russian Music' at the MM would be very funny and cool. I was thinking something along the lines of STALKER style music. But that would require permission for fair use be attained, which would be a hassle. All up to you what you do, though.

Don't know maybe some 50's music (Don't matter if it is loud most of the players turn off the music to hear footsteps better) good for when you're travelling in the wild.

Im not really thinking full on music tbh. Just some psycological stuff. For instance, if this can be programmed in, a low hum could be gradually introduced when another (hopefully by this time to establised as a non-friend) comes into proximity. And when the player sees this other player, the hum stops and goes silent. This can be very distressing, as apparently it meddles with the brain, and when it goes, the brain goes WTF JUST HAPPENED.

http://snd.sc/P4DocJ

Just a sample of what ive been working on. Not really much yet, just a few samples of horrible things I spose, couple of bits in there which I reckon would make people poo a little bit.