Sign in to follow this  
Dariun (DayZ)

DayZ + Gary's Mod = best game ever???

Hi all

Just had a random thought...what if DayZ incorporated building and construction of some sort?

At the moment DayZ is basically spawn in, find a gun and food and water and meet people....get shot.

From what I've seen in game there isn't much grouping or banding together at all. To date I've met less than a handful of friendlies and seen a few pairs of people who were working together.

If you could build and construct your own shelters eventually people would band together more often to build small settlements or temporary shelters.

Possible pro's of this could be:

founding a new settlement/village/base where people could come to trade beans for bandages etc, or perhaps even groups of bandits could band together to take over etc.

the possibility of introducing more kinds of Z's? capable of bashing down said structures?

allows the Z cap to be increased to allow them to roam areas outside of towns and villages? roadsides, grassland etc. Sometimes I run to a town and don't see a single Z for miles then as soon as I hit a town they are all spawned within the town perimeter.

may allow for greater roleplay or npc tradeposts/sanctuaries - I read about a guy walking around basically being a doctor, a group could build a base, leave the doc there and return with hospital supplies for the doc to use whenever a friendly arrives at the base. Or if it is an npc, similar in that the npc doc is supplied by players looting and gifting medical supplies to him and then mousewheeling to activate a treatment of some sort (for a trade perhaps? get bandaged for a tin of beans?)

Possible cons:

spawn campers/killers. gonna happen and already does happen at most valuable loot spawns where people log out and then back in to collect loot and kill anyone else that's there. odds are people will find and break into the constructed base and loot things left there or wait for people to spawn in and shoot them.

may shift gameplay even further toward PVP than it is already

Just a few ideas really :)

I beleive Rocket already alluded to a new feature for base-building.

Yeah in rezzed he spoke of an idea to allow for underground bunkers that could be instanced.

Maybe I should google more rather than type my thoughts onto a new post :blush:

anyone got a link to it?

curios as to how it would be implemented and whats its function would/could be :)