Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Junk

Kicked to server list while receiving data

My connection issues seem a little different from the ones I see mentioned here (haven't searched extensively though).

I get as far as the lobby on any given Dayz server. I hit the OK button at the team selection screen and the game starts retrieving data. It usually comes up with two load bars: the first says it's receiving about 24-29kb of data and moves on to the second load bar. This one takes a lot longer, but once it reaches the end, I get booted back to the server list with no errors or messages.

- I've got the steam install of Combined Ops.

- I'm running steam as admin.

- The mod is installed correctly (I even dl'ed the Dayz updater to make sure).

- I've reinstalled both Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

- I've tried disabling my AV.

- The steam version of Arma 2 is 1.6 (update to date as far as I can tell).

I've run out of ideas after scouring the net for help. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

I did see a guy get booted from a server for having a high ping when I was in the lobby screen once. I wouldn't think this is the cause because I'm trying to join servers that have people connected with a higher ping than mine.

Nevermind, my brain fart. Reinstalled Battleye and was able to join. Great FAQ, just wish I'd found that before racking up over an hours worth of "play" time in ArmA ;)

i had this problem, what fixed it for me was downloading six updater and right clicking the dayz server i want to play then pressing "install or update mods". after i did that i was no longer getting kicked back to the server selection list, and i did everything you have done first.