Sign in to follow this  
Lapis

[RNG] clan report

FIRST OFF I DO NOT CLAIM THIS IMAGE AT ALL. To protect myself I would like to state that I did NOT take this image. I had obtained it through my friend Micheal who was on a rant about spawning. I have no clue how he got the spectate mode but he caught them in the act.

[RNG] MARATHON is the one currently being spectated.

[RNG] Cody is the one being healed after being engaged by Micheal, who took the picture

Id also like to add this as proof.

http://i.imgur.com/rl9PA.png (http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/wfshg/time_to_be_the_kille_and_not_the_killer_again/)

This was the only image that was taken so currently I have no proof aside from that. Whether they were just looting or spawning is not my choice to decide which. The image was taken 2-3 days ago aprox.

jFOPK.jpg

Edited by Lapis

I'm more interested in how this image was taken. As far as i'm concerned the DayZ mod and map does not contain any admin spectate script, neither does ArmA.

If you want actual proof look in your server log.

Edited by icomrade

Well there is an ammo box directly in front of them.. So I can only assume they were scripting. Good work on getting reporting this and getting some proof though. Nice to see some people out there enforcing the legitimisation of the mod!

Hats off to you, good sir.

I'm more interested in how this image was taken. As far as i'm concerned the DayZ mod and map does not contain any admin spectate script, neither does ArmA.

He won't even tell me so Im clueless. Im just reporting it now.

he did just say that the image was not taken by him and he doesn't know how. And by the way, I've been playing with a friend and we were talking on skype when he respawned and was randomly put into spectator mode. Might just be a bug of some sort. Plus I care more about scripting ammo boxes than spectating... It's not like you can kill someone in spectate mode.

he did just say that the image was not taken by him and he doesn't know how. And by the way, I've been playing with a friend and we were talking on skype when he respawned and was randomly put into spectator mode. Might just be a bug of some sort. Plus I care more about scripting ammo boxes than spectating... It's not like you can kill someone in spectate mode.

His exact words "I can't tell you how I got it and you're only making it worse by asking me."

Haha, oh well. You've got to give a little to get a little. In this case it was a little scripting. But eh, he got evidence of something much much worse. And these guys will eventually go over the top and try to play god and spawn Apache's and receive a lovely Global Ban in return.

Haha, oh well. You've got to give a little to get a little. In this case it was a little scripting. But eh, he got evidence of something much much worse. And these guys will eventually go over the top and try to play god and spawn Apache's and receive a lovely Global Ban in return.

Having a debate in the reddit comments, (See my first post) Hes constantly saying whatever he can to get himself out of it. :(

Haha,and your comment about he was looting the ammo box or something, are you trying to say it wasn't his? Because if you look into someone else's spawned ammo box, there is nothing in there unless you put it in there. I know this because I've come across people pulling shit out of there and when I kill them and look in there all I find are beans and whatever other low value loot they dropped in there but nothing else.

And you can't blame me for looking in their ammo box, I mean... Come on. Who wouldn't? XD

Haha,and your comment about he was looting the ammo box or something, are you trying to say it wasn't his? Because if you look into someone else's spawned ammo box, there is nothing in there unless you put it in there. I know this because I've come across people pulling shit out of there and when I kill them and look in there all I find are beans and whatever other low value loot they dropped in there but nothing else.

And you can't blame me for looking in their ammo box, I mean... Come on. Who wouldn't? XD

Yeah, I tend to stay away from them.

You cannot get BE banned, what an admin does when he finds you in the helo / tank / ammo box / howitzer may be a different story

Edited by jskibo

Quick question, are ammo boxes in this game or not. I walked up on a heli crash site yesterday and saw an ammo box with 10 DMR mags, 10 Dragunov mags, and 10 m4 mags. I was bummed that the heli crash did not have a decent weapon since it is only the third one with loot I have actually found but I grabbed 10 DMR mags for a buddy and put them in a tent. Seeing this makes me worried that I might have picked up scripted loot. I would hate to be in trouble over some mags I can't even use.

So whats the problem here? The obviously spawned in box? Contact the owner/admin of the server and see if they got logs of this.

Quick question, are ammo boxes in this game or not. I walked up on a heli crash site yesterday and saw an ammo box with 10 DMR mags, 10 Dragunov mags, and 10 m4 mags. I was bummed that the heli crash did not have a decent weapon since it is only the third one with loot I have actually found but I grabbed 10 DMR mags for a buddy and put them in a tent. Seeing this makes me worried that I might have picked up scripted loot. I would hate to be in trouble over some mags I can't even use.

No, ammo boxes do spawn at heli crash sites, so those are legit mags. No worries man.

You cannot get BE banned, what an admin does when he finds you in the helo / tank / ammo box / howitzer may be a different story

I don't think so. You can get BE banned for executing illegitimate scripts in game. I may be wrong but that's what I've heard and seen. But I don't know if it's so much ammo boxes, but I think if you spawn a chopper or something else extreme, whether or not you are seen doesn't matter. BE will pick up on it. But I'm not 100% certain, this is just what I've seen.

Ammo boxes with ammo only (like 5-10/random weapon type) are legit.

Boxes with every gun, bp, ammo type, food, drink and so-on are not legit.

Ammo boxes with ammo only (like 5-10/random weapon type) are legit.

Boxes with every gun, bp, ammo type, food, drink and so-on are not legit.

Yeah, however if you did not spawn the ammo box, you can only see what has been put in there by a player. The person who spawned it can see everything. Don't know why, but that's the way it works. So really you can't tell whether it is legitimate or not unless you look at the log or if you assume it's in a stupid spot (supermarket, middle of cherno) etc. And I think the only legitimate spot they spawn is at a heli crash site.

Yeah, however if you did not spawn the ammo box, you can only see what has been put in there by a player. The person who spawned it can see everything. Don't know why, but that's the way it works. So really you can't tell whether it is legitimate or not unless you look at the log or if you assume it's in a stupid spot (supermarket, middle of cherno) etc. And I think the only legitimate spot they spawn is at a heli crash site.

I think its becuse the items only exists on the cheaters clent

Getting a bit sick of people confusing BLUE BOXES OF CREATES are the same as the black standup boxes of ammo.

There are a few types of boxes you can find in Day-Z.

Ammo Crate.

Medical Box.

Ammo Crates look like M249 mags, but they do not lay on their side.They stand upright like a VHS tape. Its very easy to SEE them.

Medical boxes look like cardboard boxes.

Blue crates in DayZ are spawned, and do not spawn naturally in DayZ.