http://dayzmod.com/f...ssage +received

and here

and here

And as far back as May

And on youtube:

Noone has answered them or tried to help so doing this form thingy in the hope someone will acknowledge it.

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

Yes 4444

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

batch file

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

I all of a sudden get a red icon and then "no message received for xx seconds' , I have left it for 30 mins and it never reconnects. This is happening since the latest patch. When I abort and join the server again (or a different server) I loose everything for that session, this is happening to a friend playing in a different part of the world also.

*Your PC specs:

i5, 16g ram, gtx card

*Your Operating System:

vista

*Have you looked at these threads?:

it just says file not found!

• Like 2

It's the server side thats having the problem

this forum auto embeds, there a plenty of other youtube videos as well thank it wont let me add the links for. Also can't see where to edit the OP??

It's the server side thats having the problem

I must be really unlucky then as it is happening consistently since 1.7.2 :(

I feel your pain bro!

haha, luckily I am rubbish and never have good loot :)

If this is server side, should there not be some sort of contingency to not loose all the time you have played on that server?

Are the devs aware of this server side bug that I missed in the forum search?

• Like 1

Server side bug? It's just a shitty server...

Missing the point, you shouldn't loose everything if you get d/c for 30 mins+ play because you choose a 'shitty server'. I am also talking about multiple servers not just one.

Got to be f'in kidding me. Was over at Lopatino on a bicycle. Admin says 1min to server restart, i get off my bike and save it just be sure. I stay in the same location to be extra sure.

Server restart, i log back in, now im near NE airfield where i was ages ago. i check the tent i had set up there 2km away, which is now lacking my MK 48 and my AS50, and everything else that was in there.

So i make my way to the nearby airfield, accepting the fact my items and weapons are gone.

No message received. Goddamn.

Connection lost. log back in, and again im back 2km away from my camp, same gear and state. Do the same thing again, back to camp, accepting that once again its empty and head to the airfield.

No message received. Log back in, and im back ONCE AGAIN.

Ragequit.jpg

Seeing so many more posts about this but no replies from devs :(

Same. I have tried directly connecting with the ethernet cable, connecting to low ping games, all that. No matter what I do I can't play. This happens instantly when any server loads. I bought the game just for DayZ. <_<

Edited by brutechoir

I just encountered this problem after upgrading to the the latest patch via 6 updater launcher. I don't know what the problem is but the game was always working fine in the past. Most of these posts are from mid July, and I am just encountering this problem now. I was wondering if there was some sort of fix out there that I missed? It is definitely not my connection because my ping is a constant 19 to 25ms. The second I join any server, I get a no message received after about 6 seconds of play and then I get disconnected. Please help! The game is currently unplayable for me.

Hi,

Sorry, i edited my post because it seems its not a firewall problem.

This could be a fix, you should try it.

I have a router so this might help people with routers. Try adding port 2302 TCP and UDP to your port forwarding, which you can find in your router setting through your web browser. This seems to have fixed the problem and managed to play for about 20 minutes with no problem.

I also enabled compatibility mode by right-clicking my arma 2 shortcut-->compatibility-->windows xp sp3.

Hope this helps.

Guys i'm sorry it seems the above fix doesn't work, but i suggest you still try it.

What i did just now was to disable my firewall and then play a little, it seems i did not get the error. Therefore, i set my firewall to its default setting. After starting the game in multiplayer a firewall window popped up asking me to choose public or private networks, i chose public and private network. It seems its fixed but i can't tell for sure.

Edited by tiger46

I'm having this problem right now. I know this is a bit of a necro but I'm desperate