Sign in to follow this  
joshaurich@hotmail.com

A few suggested improvements

Here are a few improvements I can envision to improve gameplay.

Suggestion 1:

One annoyance is that if you aggro an infected, especially when you are a fresh spawn, you options are to either kill the infected, or use faulty game mechanics to escape by "tricking" the pathfinding AI. This leads to an unrealistic feel for the game when trying to escape.

My suggestion to mediate these kind of scenarios is this:

• Infected speed is decreased, for example to 80% player speed.
  • A stamina system to limit how far a player can maintain a high speed spring is implemented.

This means that if a player is careful and planning, they can outrun and hide away from a potential aggro in a much more realistic fashion than currently can be accomplished.

Suggestion 2:

I know this one has been suggested before, but I thought I would just throw in my 2 cents.

Basically, everyone is always clamoring to find a daytime server, but we all know that in a real survival situation, surviving at night is just as important as surviving during the day. One way to help mediate this bias towards daytime is to make night play have a few perks to entice players to not mind playing at night, and thus giving players more variety in their play style.

• Make infected significantly less likely to aggro at night (as long as a player isnt using illumination)
  • Make moon lighting slightly brighter so a careful player can navigate a little better at night

I will update this thead in the future with other suggestions as they come to me.

Hope you guys like these ideas.

Edited by eggsworth