Kaw

-A Short Bandit Survey for the Bored-

.:The Bandit Survey:.

.: So why have you chosen to walk the path of “darkness"(was it for the beans =p?)

It's kill or be killed usually. Everyone is KOS. And beans taste so much better when they're looted from a corpse. Just sayin'.

.: Lets talk about tactics, what are yours?

Take up a nice position overlooking an area with good traffic and pick off the small groups who come to take the precious lewtz.

.: Do you prefer to hunt alone or in a pack?

Group. So much extra safety.

.: Your preferred hunting ground(s)?

NEAF, Novy and rarely the NWAF.

.: What are your weapons of choice?

M24 and an M1911 with an M4A1 in the bag.

.: Your greatest strength as a Bandit?

Being a dick.

.: Now how about a weakness of yours, come on everyone has one?

Spamming chat. And being a dick.

.:Lastly, how about telling us your greatest moment(s) as a Bandit of Chernarus?

We'd just got a kill or two in Novy MB and we were just leaving when one of us spotted someone in the camp. We were unsure if we were gonna go back or not, but my friend and I were bandits and we needed the kills so we didn't revert to civs and lose our gear (it's like being a fuckin' vampire). So we walked back and found him in a tent. I took him out before even noticing his name. After we'd killed him, I realised it was a guy who, a few days earlier, had D/Ced when we were chasing him. Fuckin' justice served.

.: So why have you chosen to walk the path of “darkness"(was it for the beans =p?)

I stopped trusting other players.

Ambushing.

Both are fine.

Cities.

AKM or Winchester.

Navigating.

Keeping cool in a fire fight, I panic if I don't get the first shot.

.:Lastly, how about telling us your greatest moment(s) as a Bandit of Chernarus?

Killing a group of people camping the barracks in Stary Sobor, who were camping loot spawns.

I was forced into this life at a young age and, its all i know now......

My tactics are simple, if you aren't on TS3 with me you will be shoot on sight.

Pack always....

Along the coast but, i do move inland to scavenge.

At the moment DMR and a 1911. i also have a m4.

I will kill you for your beans.

............................................ I will never tell ;)

There has been a few but, the ones i enjoy the most is when you are stalking a group and all a sudden another group falls into your sights.

There are various reasons I have decided to be a bandit. If I had to give one, it would be from the experience of being executed three times in a row when I tried to be a friendly. There are very few people to be trusted, and if you do find someone trustworthy, then it is often either plain luck or having a real life friend(s).

I have many tactics, but I mainly prefer to watch chat carefully and look for people who are carelessly talking about their location, and then going there. I also go back and forth between Cherno and Elektro, since, of course, people are abundant there, and if you ask if there are people there, 90% someone will instantly give away their exact location. I myself work with my friend, and we have a good setup, where I am a regular survivor and he a bandit. I kill survivors all the time, but I always end up with high humanity, and it has crafted a proficient trap where I will lure people in, always trusting me, only to be capped by my friend. We make a good pair, because we both can communicate well, and we both have no problems squeezing a few rounds into a survivor, which we find funny, because despite the fact that we both kill so many survivors, he ends up with -21000 humanity, and I end with 3000. We often scavenge buildings fast and get out quickly, and set up on good vantage points either to snipe or scout.

As I said, I prefer my friend and I, because we are great and being very swift, stealthy, and deadly. Oftentimes the only time someone sees us is right as we burst off a few rounds into their chest, and we provide support that results in very few deaths compared to what we could have, because instead of being in a difficult to manage pack, or a dangerous loner mission which, of course, can be proficient, once you could shot in the chest or are down and out, there is nothing that can be done, we work in a safe, fast, lethal pair, and we can use our pair for many things, such as sniper-spotter, or flanking people fast, or coordinating fast strikes.

We will go to great lengths to eliminate certain people, because while we do kill most of our victims when they are just normal survivors, we also try to dig out bandits who try to lure in others, and we are very good at finding these bandits and killing them, since the majority of bandits are by themselves, although we do occasionally find issues with large bandit groups. We usually stay along the coast, and we will go to all but the farthest lengths to steal good opportunities, and we are very fond of Elektro and Cherno, where people get greedy and careless often, and are constantly at certain hot spots that make it easy to kill many people in short amounts of time, and not to mention, we ourselves lure people in using chat or otherwise (which is rather ironic, considering we often look for bandits doing the same).

I myself highly prefer the Winchester, because it is accurate, very easy to use, is absolutely FILLED with ammo at all times (I rarely find myself with less than 7-8 mags), it is very easy to find, and it is a gun that can be used to first knock someone out, and then simply walk on over and deliver a blow to the head, not to mention it is fast at shooting and you don't have to travel great distances looking for it. I also love the CZ, but can't use it as much as I would like because it doesn't have the ease of killing large hordes of zombies with it. The Lee Enfield is the final weapon me and my accomplice are fond of, because it also has a great abundance of ammo, and it has a special trait of almost always being a one shot kill weapon, not to mention being scary accurate, especially compared to other weapons, and it, like the Winchester and the CZ, is easy to find.

My greatest strength would be that when I decide to take someone out, I am not one to flee unless they have enormous support, and they almost always die before getting more than a round or two off, if even, and when I turn a corner and see someone right in my face, I never hesitate to recover and shoot before they may consider firing or asking me if I am a friend, not to mention being in a pair with my friend is very, very effective.

Without the coordination and ease of my partner, killing others becomes much more of a difficulty, and when facing large groups I am not very effective, although I can do good hit and run strikes.

I can't say for sure, I've had many, so I'll just tell two that I like. The first was my first full on bandit kill. Me and my friend had just come to the conclusion that being a bandit was the way we should go, for many reasons, and before getting offline one day he gave me the challenge of getting one murder. So, after he left, I tracked a man and his buddy to a village. They attracted a large horde, and I decided to fall in among them to be deemed trustworthy. Through the horde attack I ended up alongside about 4 survivors, but kept along with one the whole time. Finally, me and the same person had to flee to some docks, where we had no ammo at all. I had been spooking him and leading him to think that I had been seeing a bandit following us. We sat at the end of the dock for a while, with him not having a bullet and me having just a single Makarov bullet, which I had spared for a moment like this. I had my gun aimed at his head for a long time, conflicting whether to shoot him or not, because he was a trustworthy person. Finally, I decided to tell him I saw the bandit once more, and turned to him, and after a few seconds of giving myself one more chance to not shoot, I shot him in the head, and he dropped, with me pretending a bandit has shot him in the head and run off, and he believed it without a doubt, his other partners nowhere in sight. The second time was just today, when I was at the top of the Cherno clocktower with my friend, and we had been exchanging fire with some survivors in the International Hotel for some time. I had been guarding the pipes leading up to the top of the clocktower for some time, and had just casually turned around a corner of the tower only to see a bandit checking some gear for items. I was completely caught off guard, and my usually fast recovering ability didn't work so well for once, but I was able to pop him in the chest the second I saw him. I shot another bullet, but missed, and shot him in the shoulder with the third. Only now did he realize what was happening, and what was going to happen to him, and, laying on the ground bleeding, he blindly fired an entire Makarov clip at me, missing them all when I worked around the pyramid shaped platform on the tower. He realized that he had missed them all, and, realizing he was a goner, made one more attempt at reloading his weapon, which did no good as I swept around the corner and hit him in the face, ending him, while the entire kill only lasted about 10 seconds. It was quite a fun experience, actually, and despite what some people say about bandits, I love them being a part of the game, even when I am blown away by 30 rounds of a group of AK wielding bandits, and I appreciate the great fight between survivors and bandits that is always taking place.