Sign in to follow this  
Rosseeles

New player , rage, frustration , guilt and death

Totally came across this game by accident ( from a post on a world of Warcraft forum!) bought arms 2 etc off steam, by yesterday evening I was ready to go ( I'm a zombie genre lover, seriously this game was made for me)... I just wanted to share my first couple of hours with you.

Well like a good few people in the first hour I was ready to quit, first death came within 3 minutes, spawned..ran to a building, got eaten. Grrr

Second death 5 mins later, concept of stealth was taken on board, found a house but couldn't get in wtf I thought as I couldn't get up a small step to get in the house...the zombie chewing on my back only added to the frustration.

3 rd spawn I lasted longer, but in 50 minutes I found no supplies, no weapons nothing, I was sneaking like a ninja, but getting nowhere fast...I died falling from a crane into some zombies...again frustrating, but all of a sudden it felt like I was getting somewhere.

Finally on the 4th spawn ( and last to date!) I got the hang of it, found a barn, got an axe and a crossbow, some drink as well, killed my 1st couple of zeds and felt like a king and at this point I met my first player...

Whilst casually walking up a hill I noticed in the tree line a prone player with a sniper rifle, I watched for a while he did nothing, though occasionally moved...I assume he was watching the village below , I walked up bold as brass, not crouching, still he did nothing...now I've no idea what came over me, but the next thing I knew, a couple of strikes of my axe and the player was dead, I looted him took the rifle, pistol all sorts of ammo and food and felt awesome, my rifle looked great, I was stocked with food and loot....but Jesus that didn't last long, guilt took over quickly...I'm not a player killer usually in games I love to work with people and figure things out....but this game just makes you so desperate to get the goods to survive.

Well I guess I've made my bed now, when someone teams up with me then shoots me in the back ill have no comeback, greed, fear, necessatiy call it what you like, but this game has it in abundance...it's far from perfect but what an amazing first couple of hours I've had......let's hope this game carries on like that!

• Like 2

Good start. Glad that you like it.

BTW He was propably a bandit or psycho. Sniper rifles are mostly PVP weapon because of huge noise they produce and great killing power and range.

Just to clarify the frustrations are good, you learn from them! Really enjoying the game hence why I wanted to make a post

My only concern is that I got dc'd last night so am hoping when I log in a I have all my recently 'aquired' gear...although karma should probably take it all off me!

at this point I met my first player...

Whilst casually walking up a hill I noticed in the tree line a prone player with a sniper rifle, I watched for a while he did nothing, though occasionally moved...I assume he was watching the village below

He was most likely a camping, pussy, sniper -- the most cowardly kind of bandit out there. You did the rest of us a favour, and probably saved the lives of 10 other noobs!

Go walking around with his gun though, and other players are going to make the same assumption about you ;)

glad you gave the game a good try, and yes the mechanics make you desperate that you would kill person for his beans or coke :P

all rocket needs to do now is tweak the zombies speed/super senses and spawn rate and the game will be even more epic

keep up the good work, remember there is always someone watching you :) haha

Edited by Lokiz