detcord

Actual Cinematic Trailer (Unofficial)

There is no actual cinematic trailer.

This is a hoax!

EDIT: But a pretty damn well made one I must say. This is some nice work indeed.

There is no actual cinematic trailer.

This is a hoax!

EDIT: But a pretty damn well made one I must say. This is some nice work indeed.

I specifically said it was unofficial.

I specifically said it was unofficial.

That is so true, I read that in your first post!

What I was referring to was the aptly named title of 'actual cinematic trailer'

Which was rather misleading and I only found out once I was in this thread and clicked the link.

Working as intended I see :)

saying actual then unofficial almost sounds like they contradict each other lol

saying actual then unofficial almost sounds like they contradict each other lol

Considering that every DayZ video I've come across isn't cinematic, though some claim to be, it is still a fitting thread title.

Dear god, this was incredibly great!

Very nice ! Needs a longer version though and more nighttime scenes. Wasn't as scary as the original one in my opinion.

thumbs up, though i agree it could use more night time. sitting around a campfire in complete darkness next to a tent. breaching an abandoned apartment building with another survivor or your dog and looking through the rooms. (while looking through your scope) sitting on the roof of said apartment building watching another survivor fall and be surrounded, eaten by zombies. so many more things you could throw in there, but otherwise great work!

Wow, well done man, really impressed!

thumbs up' date=' though i agree it could use more night time. sitting around a campfire in complete darkness next to a tent. breaching an abandoned apartment building with another survivor or your dog and looking through the rooms. (while looking through your scope) sitting on the roof of said apartment building watching another survivor fall and be surrounded, eaten by zombies. so many more things you could throw in there, but otherwise great work!

[/quote']

Do you have any idea how much time goes into executing and filming said animations? That minute plus took almost 27 hours to render and get right.

That said, you're correct. I do plan on doing another one but due to my military obligations, finding the time to actually produce and test the scenes is rather limited. Broad daylight is good and all, but it certainly doesn't have the ambiance of night-time.

I'll certainly be keeping this in mind for the next one.

Brilliant use of editing, but you can see its not DAYZ, because where are the 100 zeds charging you and running at speeds of mach 2

Brilliant use of editing' date=' but you can see its not DAYZ, because where are the 100 zeds charging you and running at speeds of mach 2

[/quote']

I can certainly add that. My initial focus was on the lone survivor.

Is that something you guys would like to see?

So much win, but I don't see any beans ^^

It's very nicely done, but I think you should really put a disclaimer about the fact that it DOES NOT reflect Dayz in any way, shape or form.

The only thing "real" in this video are the zombies, everything else is NOT in the mod. The last thing we need is people seeing this on youtube, buy ARMA2 then come here and start yelling because it's nothing like what they've seen.

so I think that, in respect for the mod, you should put a small disclaimer in the video description.

Awesome stuff mate.

A mini series about this guy and his time in Cheranus would be ace. You could tie in individual game mechanics into each episode, showing off what the mod is about to newer players (the fan base is only going to get bigger over the next few months). I'd love to see his story...

Although I'm guessing it would take a looooong time to capture all the footage. Either way, great job.

What music is that by the way?