Sign in to follow this  
barrance

Can you run DayZ with Arma Free?

Simple question I know, but when I first started to try and get this working I was following a guide that said that all you need is the Arma II free demo, and then the operation arrowhead expansion on top of it. I downloaded both from steam, then followed all other instructions but still cant get past the classic "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus"

When I originally installed all the mod files into the wrong location I got the classic full error of the same thing but then a list of the mod files I was missing. After sorting this out I get the shorted version of the error with only ".chernarus" at the end. I havent been lead down the wrong path have I? Am getting the feeling that the free demo version hasnt installed the actual chernarus map file or something similar. If so, the misleading installation guide I followed ruined me! Do I definitely need the full version of Arma II? Cos I was originally under the impression that the demo + expansion would do it! Please, please tell me this is true! As while I can afford it, I actually dont know if ive got the bandwidth allowance left to download another 8gb or so file from steam!

It's not the Arma II demo, its the free version of Arma 2, called Arma 2 free :)

Youre shitting me? :(

Ahh thats absoloutely gutting. The guide I started using was alllll kinds of fail...euuugh

So i definitely need the full version of Arma 2? This is going to utterly destroy my bandwidth this month lol

@ArousedNinja, I have Arma 2: Free, and operation arrowhead. Is this a winning combination? Or do I need to spend me another 15 quid?

That should be fine. :)

There should be a tutorial somewhere showing how to use the free arma with OA

Phew, at least im not going to have wait another 24 hours for an 8gb file to download at 100kbps :D

Any ideas on where it is? Getting my google on for it now but no luck so far...

This might help you out.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129154-Combined-Operations-Lite-CO-Lite-guide

EDIT: If that doesn't help you out...

Do this:

1. Install ArmA 2 Free

2. Install OA

3. Edit OA's shortcut like this:

arma2OA.exe "-mod=x:\path\to\arma2;expansion"

For example with DayZ mod: arma2OA.exe "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;expansion;@DayZ"

Amazing, thanks to all for the help. For anyone else in the future it turns out that what you need to do is copy the "Addons" folder from the Arma Free folder into the main folder of OA. Then copy the mod files from the DayZ folder into this addons folder, and voila! Im in :D

Awesome, cheers for the help guys. Not actually going to play, im off to bed as ive got work in 6 hours, but awesome...so glad I know ive got this working

Legends!