LoG Steppenwolf

Movement bug/error

When I´m moving with the WASD keys i sometimes get a loud beeping noise and the game freezes. Mostly happens with the A or D key but the W and S are sometimes buggy too. When i release the key the sound stops and the game works again.

It´s really annoying in dangerous situations, when you stop moving and hear this loud noise. Get me killed a few times...

Is this a kown bug in ARMA2 or/and Dayz?

And is there something i can do about it?

• Like 1

Use might be accidentally hitting some global keyboard shortcut. Or tapping shift too many times in a row?

Or you're pushing too many keys at once. There's a limit to that.

Try pressing same keys as much as possible in windows (not in-game) and see/listen what happens.

Doesn't sound like your problem has anything to do with arma/dayz.

When I´m moving with the WASD keys i sometimes get a loud beeping noise and the game freezes. Mostly happens with the A or D key but the W and S are sometimes buggy too. When i release the key the sound stops and the game works again.

The exact same thing happens to me, only thing I have found to work is exiting completely and restarting Arma II. After a while it comes back unfortunately.

Exact same problem here... I have to play with arrow keys but it is not very convenient...

I've worked it out, it's some kind of lock view issue. If your hold down ALT you can begin moving again without beeping. After that you should be able to release ALT and move normally, if it doesn't stop beeping then, go back to ALT and try again. Sometimes double pressing Alt does the trick too.

*bump*

Good day, gentlemen.

I have had the same issue on my Windows 7 laptop PC. Asus G73 running ARMA: Combined Ops. As hatch stated before me, its an issue fixed when you hold ALT and then aggrevated again when you move with the WASD corner. What causes it, precisely, is unclear to me.

Anyway, to fix it, I minimized ARMA. I went into the Windows Accessability Options inthe Control Panel and turned Sticky Keys & Filter Keys [OFF] as well as any Quick Shortcuts [OFF]... I don't know if this is what caused the issue, but I turned them off to be sure. Next, I toggled back into ARMA and went into the ESC menu to the control options. I then hit [DEFAULT] (this destroys your custom button-mashing setup, btw), back in the game WASD & the game perform normally.

EDIT: Sorry, I shouldn't have posted this solution; it does not fix the problem. I'm going to uninstall Chinese Language support and hopefully that fixes it.

Edited by gutspuken