Sign in to follow this  
fritigern

Possible hacker US 104 Chicago

Server: US 104 Chicago

Time: 3 AM Central

What happened: Was exiting the empty NW airfield at night, was just over the bald South East hill overlooking the runway and hangers and was running across open ground. I did a quick 360 sweep during my run, saw absolutely nothing within 25 meters of me (it was a full moon out with no cloud cover, it was borderline dayline), and the grass was so short it was impossible for someone to be laying there without me seeing them. After performing my sweep, I was IMMEDIATELY fired at from behind by a silenced automatic weapon. I did some zig zagging and avoided being shot. When their magazine was empty I turned around and saw a person standing about 50 meters back (keep in mind I was in the MIDDLE of a very wide open stretch of land). I returned fire, but missed my target when they ducked down into the dark grass. I then booked it once more, and a grenade launcher impacted behind me. I kept running past the wall and another grenade impacted behind me again. I put some trees between me and the person as they continued to spam silenced rounds in my general direction. I ran about 50 feet back from the wall into a treeline and laid down behind a broken stone wall, I then saw the other person already about 30 meters away in some trees. I took a knee and fired upon them with my M14 and killed them, giving me a friendly fire message saying I killed "X3me." My understanding is that killing someone with that message indicates they are hacking, or exploiting, or something along those lines. I never caught the kill message itself, but afterwards I opened up my statstics page and snapped this screenshot.

2012-07-12_00001.jpg

The body was gone before I even reached it, so I can't say for certain what kind of weapony they were using, or if they were running around with some kind've goofy skin, but the way they appeared out of nowhere, fired both automatic silenced rounds and grenades from a launcher with zero delay, tells me something fishy took place.