Sign in to follow this  

do infected automatically move towards the player? (undetected)

Tried searching, couldn't find anything on this.

Maybe this is just my imagination or badluck... but I've noticed when I enter an area undetected, the infected still seem to start moving in my general direction. had a look on dayzwiki and found this:-

*Zombies have a programmed propensity to move towards a nearby player even if they are not moving

Is that what I've noticed or is that something different?, are they programmed to do this to make it more difficult? If it's a feature I can deal with it, but it's kind of immersion breaking (makes me think what's the point of trying to be stealthy and sneak in from a certain side?)

Yeah i noticed that too. Must be a programmed thing.

I know they slowly move in your direction if you're making noise, but that's it. Sometimes it might look like they move towards you but thats just random coincidence. Seem to be a lot more zombies about with the last patch though, as in more spawn inside towns and on the outskirts. Ofcourse if you can get this confirmed i'd be pretty amazed.

I know they slowly move in your direction if you're making noise, but that's it. Sometimes it might look like they move towards you but thats just random coincidence. Seem to be a lot more zombies about with the last patch though, as in more spawn inside towns and on the outskirts. Ofcourse if you can get this confirmed i'd be pretty amazed.

it's certainly more difficult with the increased spawns, every little hut in the middle of nowhere now seems to have at least a couple of infected around it but thats a different topic.

As for it being sound... I was near an airstrip quite far away from any infected, and sure enough two I could see started stumbling in my general direction.

Yes they do. I also believe they move towards where'd you'd be heading if you were to go in a straight line

*sad face*

If confirmed, to me that seems like a rather lazy way of making them more difficult. Id rather they did more damage than "cheat" like this. Kills immersion and to an extent tactics.

If confirmed, to me that seems like a rather lazy way of making them more difficult. Id rather they did more damage than "cheat" like this. Kills immersion and to an extent tactics.

Well I'm hoping it's a rudimentary quick fix for their poor pathing in Alpha, rather than Rocket trying to 'lock in' zombie encounters

I can confirm that it happen to me in more than one occasion. I was laying on the ground still and notice a zombie turning towards my direction. I try to quietly strafe away and noticed the infected is still turning towards my direction. This usually happen when i try to get into smaller towns.

Well I'm hoping it's a rudimentary quick fix for their poor pathing in Alpha, rather than Rocket trying to 'lock in' zombie encounters

Yeah I'm sure the ai will change as the mod progresses, hopefully this is something that w

ill get the boot if the ai can be difficult without being "cheap" like this. Of course thats if this is indeed a feature, although it seems so with us all seeing it

I think it's pretty funny. Whenever I head towards something crouch running/walking, I notice all the zombies going towards me. Then I crawl into a different place and can just slip past them