Sign in to follow this  
nomusss

Climbing ladders

Okay i guess that's not only my problem but pretty often it happens to me:

You spend 5 hours gathering stuff and weapons, after that you find a building with a ladder and want to check out the roof. You climb up the ladder and when you are almost at the top you fell down the ladder and die. The whole climbing stuff is a pure lottery for me i always risking to lose everything because of god damn arma engine. Is there a way to fix it? Maybe instead of dying people should just pass out for 2-3 minutes?

this mostly just happens if you have your handgun out, use rifles or holster handguns if u don't want to fall down, i think it can't be fixed :/

Yep, but this is a ARMA II bug, not a Dayz bug.

I've 700 hours playing in arma II and I can say that only a few ladder work with pistol... You need to have your main weapon in hand, not your pistol...

I hope that will be fixed in Arma III :(

I believe it can be fixed, I've even made a script for it once.

I'll have to test it again to see how effective it still is, but I'm rather positive that it should work.

The fix is based on a "AnimChanged" Eventhandler that checks for the animation that is played when you exit a ladder.

I've heard if you go into prone/crawl when you get to the top you won't fall, that's with pistol equipped.

Okay i guess that's not only my problem but pretty often it happens to me:

You spend 5 hours gathering stuff and weapons' date=' after that you find a building with a ladder and want to check out the roof. You climb up the ladder and when you are almost at the top you fell down the ladder and die. The whole climbing stuff is a pure lottery for me i always risking to lose everything because of god damn arma engine. Is there a way to fix it? Maybe instead of dying people should just pass out for 2-3 minutes?

[/quote']

There is a little "trick" to climbing ladders. Walk up a ladder as you normally do, but as soon as you reach the top, your character will make a animation which means that hes at the very top of the stairs. Wait a few seconds before you move forward.