Sign in to follow this  
Vladivar

Make 'Direct Communication' the default channel

Couldn't find this suggested previously, though may have missed it.

Is there any way for the default voice channel to be set to Direct Communication, rather than global???

This would help prevent the endless 'can you hear me?' questions from new players, the open mics of those with over-sensitive voice activation, and other random reasons why people end up using the global channel, affecting everyone else in the server.

Is it possible?

Rocket said in an interview that he is actually working on completely removing the text chat and the other channels

Now if only he could force servers to be in Veteran/Hardcore mode, then things would be great! None of this faffing about in third person. ಠ_ಠ

You can infact adjust the "Bouncing" which is the realistic headbob in game options.

Rocket said in an interview that he is actually working on completely removing the text chat and the other channels

Link? That'd be awesome.

As to the person wanting forced HC/Veteran. Absolutely not, it should be an option up to the player's discretion. If you want to play HC/Veteran, the servers are listed blatantly as such. Stop trying to force others to only play the way you like to.

I think Direct connection should be the only chat channel really. Global chat does break my immersion.

Id like it if you could have 3 talk modes which worked whether you were typing or voice chatting.

mode 1 : whispering. typing and talking is only heard by those stood right with you. But zombies will never hear it.

mode 2: Normal range. Typing and talking has a larger radius but can alert zombies that are close to you.

mode 3: shouting. Typing and talking can be heard by people in a large radius but it will draw zombies in your direction.

Someone also suggested walkie talkies that would work well with this system to allow long range communication safetly.

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3479

Thank you! thats new..

It's been there since the first release, actually.

Hello survivors,

I have small and easy to implement (I guess) suggestion, where default chat channel would be set to direct chat.

It's very irritating and immersion breaking when I see "who is shooting in Cherno?" or dialogue between two guys that are 5 meters from each other on other side of map in my bottom left corner all the time.

Currently people use side channel (and broadcast to entire server) mostly because:

- they are not aware of different channel

- they don't know how to change a channel

- are to lazy to do 5 min research and find out about it

I believe with direct chat set as default it would resolve those problems so players could learn how to use them properly. Also small information in game what direct chat is, would be very useful for new to ArmA 2 game users.

Yes, I am aware of direct chat only servers, but that's not a point of suggestion.

When the next DayZ version 1.7.1 is released, beta patch will be required from all joiners. This means there is no more side chat on any servers after that.

But direct communication as default selected channel = good idea.

Merged 2 threads about this issue.

I really hope direct communication will be made as default channel. Currently group channel is default, which probably causes many situations where someone is talking in direct and a person tries to reply with text, but replies in group channel which won't be seen by anyone.