airus

Win8 + Radeon 6850 = graphic problems?

<sorry for bad English, but I hope it will be enough to explain my problems>

Hi all, i've got 2 strange problems here. I use Windows 8 RP and Radeon HD 6850 graphics (with latest drivers for Win8 RP).

1. I see only "low" and "normal" in graphics settings. And probably that's why i see my backpack and buildings on VERY VERY bad quality, some buildings just became transparent, and i can't even see where is doors and etc :o

2. When i press ESC key ingame, "receiving" text appears and nothing happens until i use minimize and maximize windows, after that "receiving" disappears.

When I used Windows 7, it was OK, i havent any troubles.

So, there is my questions - what should I do? Use earlier drivers, or drivers for Win7? Or should I reinstall ArmA? There may be other solutions?

Thanks!

</sorry for bad English>

windowns 8 isnt even out, no wonder its buggy

You never use the latest version of Windows. Always use the one before the latest. Unless the latest is Vista or ME, then use whatever you can get :P

I'll be sticking with Windows 7 for a good while yet, especially since it's actually not a bad OS.

But as Roboserg said, probably not going to get a lot of support considering how new it is (unreleased?)

The RC has been out quite some time now Roboser. You're playing a ALPHA game on a BETA Windows client. Put the two together and you have a whole mass of problems. Uninstall and go back to Windows 7 IMO.

The RC has been out quite some time now Roboser. You're playing a ALPHA game on a BETA Windows client. Put the two together and you have a whole mass of problems. Uninstall and go back to Windows 7 IMO.

Why you are adressing it to me? I dont have any problems with my Win7

Omg, this Thread is so senseless.

You cant await it to work on an operating System wich even Hasnt been released.

Omg, this Thread is so senseless.

You cant await it to work on an operating System wich even Hasnt been released.

not to forget that is Wondows from MS that is always buggy as arma2 itself.

I am having the same problem as the author. Tried reinstalling the Arma 2 games and Dayz but the problem persists. I can only choose low or normal texture packs too for some reason. Fairly sure the Very High was available before I swapped to Windows 8. If anyone has a tip on how to fix the terrain flashing/become transparent I would be grateful. Meanwhile, I am going to experiment what I can do to fix this on my own.

/sigh

It's a BETA operating system. This means the Video drivers and most of the other drivers haven't been developed for it just yet, hence why it's all screwy.

Why don't you duel boot? Have Win 7 on one partition and Win 8 on the other.

@Roboserg, you said Windows 8 wasn't out. When the RC has been out a while.

Edited by piemanpm

/sigh

It's a BETA operating system. This means the Video drivers and most of the other drivers haven't been developed for it just yet, hence why it's all screwy.

Why don't you duel boot? Have Win 7 on one partition and Win 8 on the other.

@Roboserg, you said Windows 8 wasn't out. When the RC has been out a while.

by "wasnt out" I meant full release preferably with sp1 :D

Figured out the problem. My windows 8 didn't support the beast graphic card driver I had. You can either run it in safe mode and install the driver or revert back to Windows 7.