Sign in to follow this  
CrimsonBlade

A good idea to stop some of the PvPing (Friendly Skin)

Now you probaly came in here to troll this because your thinking this punishes bandits right??? WRONG

My idea is to add a skin for people who do good (Giving blood transfusions,bandaging, and killing bandits)

This does not punish bandits AT ALL and is very realistic. Now here are the concepts

- Upon doing enough good you will respawn (Or mabye have an option to) with a skin that identifies you as friendly (Perhaps the "Operator" uniform from ARMA 2 OA... I atleast want the good guys to look cool)

- When you kill a "Good Guy Skin" you receive 2x more negative humanity than killing a survivor. (Reduce the punishment for killing normal survivors because many kills are out of fear and paranoia..... which is good)

- I realise that this may reduce the whole "Who do I trust"? feeling in the game but I don"t think even 25% of the population (If this was implemented) would get a friendly uniform.

CONTROVERSIAL AND OPTIONAL

- Friendly Skins know who bandits are

If you found this idea good.... go ahead and bump it

Edited by CrimsonBlade

I do think it's a good idea but I don't know how easy it would be for people to get the Friendly skin seeing as no1 lets you get close enough to give transfusions...Also people who work in teams could give each other blood transfusions to get the skin and then use it to trick other players.

Well.... mabye when you transfuse bandits... you don"t get + humanity bonus..... and I"m sure people who TRYHARD enough running up to every man in Cherno giving them transfusions could get this skin.... or people who are bandit killers in DAY-Z could also get it.

Now you probaly came in here to troll this because your thinking this punishes bandits right??? WRONG

My idea is to add a skin for people who do good (Giving blood transfusions,bandaging, and killing bandits)

This does not punish bandits AT ALL and is very realistic. Now here are the concepts

- Upon doing enough good you will respawn (Or mabye have an option to) with a skin that identifies you as friendly (Perhaps the "Operator" uniform from ARMA 2 OA... I atleast want the good guys to look cool)

- When you kill a "Good Guy Skin" you receive 2x more negative humanity than killing a survivor. (Reduce the punishment for killing normal survivors because many kills are out of fear and paranoia..... which is good)

- I realise that this may reduce the whole "Who do I trust"? feeling in the game but I don"t think even 25% of the population (If this was implemented) would get a friendly uniform)

- Friendly Skins know who bandits are

People with friendly skin knowing who bandits are punishes the bandits, as does 'reducing the whole "Who do I trust"?' aspect of the game. Bandits rely on these to get them in close. Also, bandits give each other transfusions and if you give enough, as Timmy said, they'd be offered the skin too. If you have blood bags to waste you could easily build up your humanity and get a disguise to go kill more people.

If they did something like this they would need:

-Soon as you murder you lose the skin

-Can't get skin if you have any murders

But again, even this would still punish the Bandits because it singles out against them too much. Especially a 2x negative humanity drop for killing someone with one of the 'Good Guy' skins.

Yea thats why I said CONTROVERSIAL and OPTIONAL with the whole knowing who bandits are thing and also the post were if you transfuse a bandit you get 0 + humanity or bandage them... I mean helping insane serial killers is not going to give you good karma? Meh it"s just the base concept... I say drop it in see how it works and then adjust it if needed.

I think the current system where if you have a good humanity you can hear a heartbeat is good enough for now, it just requires being aware of your surroundings more than some people are willing to commit. If you have a hard time hearing that, up the Effects volume in the Audio section and wear a headset (that helps a lot too with hearing engines).

They have to be within 20m of you... I mean people from before DAY-Z who were policemen or firemen would have that uniform and INFACT

This idea is more realistic then the heartbeat detection system.

I'd rather be able to steal someone's clothes, even a zed's. Doesn't really support your intentions, I just think it'd be cool.