Sign in to follow this  
Time Glitch

Make All Water Sources Able to Fill Canteens.

Hey there!

One of the only annoying things so far about surviving out in the wilderness is the frequency I run across water sources I can't fill up on. I spend 10 minutes sneaking towards a pool surrounded by zombies...Oop, sorry, can't fill that here even though it's a huge pond!

I've only seen a few pools out in the wild where I can fill my canteen. Please expand this in 1.5.8! I prefer the solitary wilds when I have no buddies, and this is a huge issue for us lone wolfs.

Thank you =)

You can fill at any water source, be it the ocean, (stupidly) pond, lake or hand pump. If you are in a small source of water like a pond, you need to be swimming in order to fill your canteen.

You can fill at any water source' date=' be it the ocean, (stupidly) pond, lake or hand pump. If you are in a small source of water like a pond, you need to be swimming in order to fill your canteen.

[/quote']

But won't you lose your items if you swim?

If you are in a small source of water like a pond' date=' you need to be swimming in order to fill your canteen.

[/quote']

I think that's the point...

Like, two thirds of the ponds in the map are too shallow to swim in.

I can go prone and completely submerge myself in them, but it's technically too shallow to swim in, even though it's a 20x20m pool. Thus, I can't fill my canteen.

Sodas > Water until this is implemented. I spend most of my time inland, so if I ever find a water bottle, I empty it and ditch it...they just aren't worth is in the current format

There are a few wells and ponds where it is impossible to fill your canteen. I think the filling scripts just need to be applied to them.

There is no way to check if a position is in the water or not (excluding the sea). If I remember correctly the current script checks if the player is in the sea or playing the swimming animation.

The only way I could think of accomplishing a check for ponds would be to manually record the outlining coordinates of all inland water areas and to do a check with the player unit if he is inside any of those areas at the moment.

It can be done, but it's not gonna be pretty or efficient.

Taking an hour to gather object ID's for all inland water sources is worth the trouble. I posted about this in another thread.

If you folks would do a search and keep these discussions together, half of these suggestions would probably be read by the Devs.