Sign in to follow this  
Gamewiz

Weird graphics and blurry...

So I just downloaded ArmA II specifically to try out this mod. Loaded up a server and for some strange reason every blade of grass and all the trees have weird blocky textures surrounding them. Anyone know why this is happening? Also, it feels like there is some extreme bloom/blur effect going on and it's really straining my eyes. Is there a way to turn that off? Thanks for any assistance.

The horrible bloom is because you need to disable Post Processing in the Vidoe Options. Esc>Vid options>advanced.

Blocky textures, unsure..could be a few things, video card drivers or try lowering your settings in the above advanced settings maybe.

Edited by Hetstaine

Once I can get back into the game I'll let you know how things turn out after messing with some settings. Apparently I spawned up next to about 10 zombies so in trying to figure out the basic controls of the game and messing with settings I got killed. :P

You can check to see if the "3D RESOLUTION" option is set to the same setting as the interface resolution. It looks funky if the 3D RES setting is set lower than the interface setting.

Oooh that might be it. I didn't mess with that setting because I thought that was for 3d monitors or something, which I don't have. I'll check that as well.

Found out the problem with the blockiness was the AA. Disabled it and everything is great now. Thanks everyone for the tips! And the bloom fix is great now. :)