Barney (DayZ)

Need help please read!!!!

Becouse i need help and im still not sure Q_Q

Im afraid that no matter in how many threads you will ask, you are still going to get the same answers :)

Im afraid that no matter in how many threads you will ask, you are still going to get the same answers :)

Ok plz be clear

I just need a GTX560,4 or more gigs of ram...,And a new CPU prossesor?

Just take the dive, add some ram and try it. Im running it with 4 gigs of ram just fine, and i dont even have an i5 just a quad core.

An i5 has the same ammount of proccesors as a qaud core..

Ok plz be clear

I just need a GTX560,4 or more gigs of ram...,And a new CPU prossesor?

Yes (as i also recommended you in another thread - look for GTX 560 Ti 448)

Just to be sure - please bear in mind you may also have to buy motherboard which is compatibile with selected CPU.

Yes (as i also recommended you in another thread - look for GTX 560 Ti 448)

Just to be sure - please bear in mind you may also have to buy motherboard which is compatibile with selected CPU.

Whats a motherboard?

Whats a motherboard?

Phew...

This is motherboard:

4835.jpg

Its a platform supporting all other components. But i suppose you wont be building the computer by yourself, so you may not worry about it :)

Edited by Blaf

Whats a motherboard?

It's the main circuit board in your computer -- the one everything else plugs into. But if you don't know what a motherboard is, you probably shouldn't upgrade your video card by yourself, much less your CPU. And since you're looking at upgrading all three anyway, just go to Microcenter (or whatever) and tell a salesperson there what you intend to do -- they'll sell you a pre-built machine for not much more than what you'd pay for the components alone. And you'll save yourself the hassle of installation, to say nothing of making sure all the components are compatible, etc.

FWIW, I run DayZ on a six-year-old Core2Duo with 2GB of RAM and an nVidia 8800GT. It looks like crap, but I get perfectly playable framerates. Your current computer is perfectly well-equipped to run the game.

• Like 1

It's the main circuit board in your computer -- the one everything else plugs into. But if you don't know what a motherboard is, you probably shouldn't upgrade your video card by yourself, much less your CPU. And since you're looking at upgrading all three anyway, just go to Microcenter (or whatever) and tell a salesperson there what you intend to do -- they'll sell you a pre-built machine for not much more than what you'd pay for the components alone. And you'll save yourself the hassle of installation, to say nothing of making sure all the components are compatible, etc.

FWIW, I run DayZ on a six-year-old Core2Duo with 2GB of RAM and an nVidia 8800GT. It looks like crap, but I get perfectly playable framerates. Your current computer is perfectly well-equipped to run the game.

You are playin on 8800? That surprises me, what resolution are you running?

Edited by Blaf

You are playin on 8800? That surprises me, what resolution are you running?

I can't remember offhand (not at home to check), but something in the neighborhood of 1680x1050. I have every option set to low, shadows turned off, no antialiasing, etc., and while there is a little bit of mouse lag and occasional stuttering, I can play just fine. It works in my favor that you don't have to aim a gun very often in DayZ. :)

What do you use it for?

OK, to be clear: You need more ram - go and get a kit of 2 4GB modules, that will do the trick. Don't touch your CPU - it is fine.

To run this game on high I will recomend a powerfull videocard. GTX 560 is a good one. If you have money for more - you can get a more expensive one (GTX680?) But I wouldn't for this game alone.

all that rig needs is 4gb ram. it will run dayz fine at med to high settings.

i have a gtx 260, which is a bit older gpu then 5770, but they are are very close in dx9 performance, and i can run the game fine at a mix of medium and high settings at 1680x1050.

i usually do not answer to threads with silly names that do not explain wtf it is about.

this time i did.

i usually do not answer to threads with silly names that do not explain wtf it is about.

this time i did.

No one asked you to post.

Also thanks guys i bought a PNY Geforce GTX550 Ti.

I can run battlefield 3 with it.

So i guess i can run Dayz

Also i got 4gb of RAM

so thank you for your help.