Sign in to follow this  
Kiro (DayZ)

I disconnected while in shock, now I pass out after connecting

Hi

I climbed a deer stand's ladder, and fell down when I reached the top, apparently my character tried to walk through the wall...

I didn't take any damage, I climbed it again and took a look at the loot, and then disconnected to grab something to eat. And now everytime I connect to a server I pass out for 5 minutes.

Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks

Eventually it will go away, though im not sure of the cooldown. As I'm sure you know now, don't leave the server until shock runs its course. I believe this is a (weak) punishment for people who leave the server after being shot in an attempt to survive.

Wait for it to finish, keep walking for a while and it should be gone like Smuggling said.

Not too smart to log off while on a deer stand. You may log back in and get shot by someone who's looting it.

This happened to me before =O I was panicking so much when it happened, but after awhile it just stopped.

Shock

Symptoms If the player logs out with this status, the next time they log in they will spend a long period unconscious. It is marked by a White symbol on the HUD

Causes Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow.

Treatment This status will last for 5 minutes and is incurable

Edited by Guest

This passout thing is ridiculous. I was in shock, DCd, came back in later, passed out for 5. Fair enough.

Now, 2 DC/RCs later, it's still happening despite there being no shock on the hud and having not been in shock for several hours. Also after taking a morphine, epi, blood t AND painkillers in the interim since first shock.

Wtf???

I was running out of the school's second floor which I used to do all the time, went to the church to DC for some coffee came back and got hourglass and then death.

Treatment This status will last for 5 minutes and is incurable

Incorrect, can be cured with epi-pens.