Coolcat (DayZ)

My First Real "Oh S**T" Moment With A Bandit

I was going through Cherno on the experimental build 1.7.2.1 and I run into another survivor(IGN:Quell) with a hatchet. He hadn't seen me so I said "Friendly, are you?" while hiding behind the out side wall. He said friendly and I went up to him and he didn't slaughter me to death so that's a good sign. We looted a supermarket, firehouse and were on our way to a hospital. All of a sudden BOOM! And my partner drops... I drop on the floor thinking that this guy couldn't see me through this bush I was by when I look into side chat and this guys says that I'm free to go with my stuff. Well, through the fact that I was going to the hospital and was lost and I didn't want this guy to shoot me, I ask him where the hospital is and he guides me then I had to log off.

He called himself a "Semi-Bandit"

I know in the pit of the soul that I still appear to have in me, I know I won't be the lucky one next time...

Edited by Coolcat

Brilliant! I'm new to this mod, looking forward to moments like this.. even if i'll be wetting myself.

I know this might be slightly off topic but can you tell me which voice channel I should be using and what the others are for, by this I mean the *direct communication* and so on :)

Brilliant! I'm new to this mod, looking forward to moments like this.. even if i'll be wetting myself.

I know this might be slightly off topic but can you tell me which voice channel I should be using and what the others are for, by this I mean the *direct communication* and so on :)

Side used to be in the game but on the experimental build it's on for better bug tracking etc.

Side speaks to everyone on your side in the normal game, everyone in Dayz.

Direct comms if you type goes out to 40 m from your position but if you use a microphone it is crystal clear up to 40 m and gets more and more muffled up to 100 m where past that it doesn't go through.

Vehicle is self explanatory and group isn't used in Dayz

And trust me, if you play for 1-4 days in this mod...

You are guarenteed to have an "OH S**T" Moment

I was wierd and it happened more on my second week

Edited by Coolcat

Side used to be in the game but on the experimental build it's on for better bug tracking etc.

Side speaks to everyone on your side in the normal game, everyone in Dayz.

Direct comms if you type goes out to 40 m from your position but if you use a microphone it is crystal clear up to 40 m and gets more and more muffled up to 100 m where past that it doesn't go through.

Vehicle is self explanatory and group isn't used in Dayz

And trust me, if you play for 1-4 days in this mod...

You are guarenteed to have an "OH S**T" Moment

I was wierd and it happened more on my second week

Thanks! Great help ^_^!

Hah! I had mine last night. I knew bandits were in the area, as they had barb-wire across almost all the doorways in Cherno (that was a lot of barbed wire, so they were pretty well entrenched). I had spawned there and didn't realize this until I was well into the city. Suddenly I hear shooting from two different directions and bolted. Sadly, they nailed me hard and knocked me flat out (though still alive). I woke up with less than 200 blood left and ran like a bat out of hell. Got behind cover long enough to bandage...only to aggro a zombie! So I started running again...and passed out before I could lose the zed. It ate me alive, but man that was a "oh-shit" moment.

I only played for like a hour or two and i am already getting hell, i went to Cherno by accident when youtube tutorial told me clearly to stay away from it, but since my map isn't working like i want it too i waltzed right in to the city.. Well sneaked to be more precise. Ever since then i have been in the crossfire, i clearly would have been dead there if it wasn't for someone named "Jack D." had slammed his hatchet at the guy who was sneaking up behind me. Lucky for me he wasn't a bandit and guided me to a much safer place to start my scavanging.. Which i still yet have to figure out how to do it more effective without herding hords of Z´s.

It's taken me a week to figure out how to effectivly sneak past zeds or lose them if they agro. And This new patch made it an even steeper learning curve.

Yeah, and the most retarded thing for me is that I have the worst luck with finding a gun of any sort.

I got to all the places where a gun is in the looting list, including the balota airbase and other military spawn locations and no luck what so ever...

I guess that my hatchet will be my best friend from now on.

Yeah, I've noticed that since the patch loot drops seem a lot lower. I've gone through 2 towns, and not even tin cans had been spawned. Makes it hard when you want a can of beans!

I can find basic supplys alright but It's the most irritating thing when you find all this ammo for guns but you can't find a gun for nothing....

Doesn't help me too much :P

Its always feast or famine, Ill have nothing for days and entire lives. And then BOOM all of a sudden theres 4 makarovs and a winchester and an enfield in one apartment...

I'm not exactly a survivor, but I'll let you in on a little secret:

- Regular servers have more people playing, so loot gets taken quickly compared to that of most Veteran servers

- If you are a certain distance away from buildings that have been looted, after 10-15 minutes...the loot respawns (so long as no one gets within a certain distance in that 10-15 minute period)

I'm not exactly a survivor, but I'll let you in on a little secret:

- Regular servers have more people playing, so loot gets taken quickly compared to that of most Veteran servers

- If you are a certain distance away from buildings that have been looted, after 10-15 minutes...the loot respawns (so long as no one gets within a certain distance in that 10-15 minute period)

Thx for that tip, once the official hotfix comes out, I'll have to look for a low pop server