Thomashhn

New Day Z player but need some help!

When I click on a server it loads up..my screen goes black like its about to load up the game screen then goes black again and goes back to my desktop.. Anyone care to help me?

Are you using sixlauncher or any other kind of launcher?

I'm using sixlauncher

I'm using sixlauncher

Make sure you have launched both ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA before using sixlauncher, if you arent using steam, make sure all redis are installed aswell.

Post what patches you have, which Beta etc

I have the newist patch for Day Z. Its all up to date sixlauncher says

Make sure you have launched both ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA before using sixlauncher, if you arent using steam, make sure all redis are installed aswell.

Yeah I've launched both and they both open just fine. its just whenever I try to find a server it goes black and and the Arma OA icon is at the bottom and every time I click it to try to pull the game up it just keeps giving me a black screen...

Yeah I've launched both and they both open just fine. its just whenever I try to find a server it goes black and and the Arma OA icon is at the bottom and every time I click it to try to pull the game up it just keeps giving me a black screen...

What OS are you running?

What OS are you running?

OS? Sorry a bit slow today, but I'm running on a windows vista

OS? Sorry a bit slow today, but I'm running on a windows vista

Does the game actually minimize itself upon joining a server, i noticed you said it was black after clicking it in the taskbar, and "bringing it back up" ?

Does the game actually minimize itself upon joining a server, i noticed you said it was black after clicking it in the taskbar, and "bringing it back up" ?

No it doesn't I've been trying this all day, when I click a server it will load up go all black then back to my desktop then ill try again when its in my taskbar but it will keep bringing the black screen up, it fades in and out. its so frustarting..

No it doesn't I've been trying this all day, when I click a server it will load up go all black then back to my desktop then ill try again when its in my taskbar but it will keep bringing the black screen up, it fades in and out. its so frustarting..

Have you tried running in windowed mode? And run from a stock config?

Have you tried running in windowed mode? And run from a stock config?

I've had Arma 2 OA in windowed mode but it doesn't seem to do anything when I try to find a server... whats the Stock config?

I just posted this in a different section.

Look, Download the v1.7.2.1 test patch, Place the here, In my case its > D:\Game Installs\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons ... Create a folder called "@DayZ" inside your operation arrowhead folder then inside the "@DayZ" folder create another called "addons" Copy the v1.7.2.1 test into the "addons" folder.

Download the latest ARMA II 94700 beta patch from here(right at the top inside the green bar is the latest version) > http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php Once downloaded, Extract the files, Right click the file named "ARMA2_OA_Build_94700" & run this as administrator.

Then download this file named "DayZbeta" > http://dayz.sykotix.com/downloads/DayZbeta.zip Extract it & place the "DayZbeta" batch file onto your 2 operation arrowhead folder, Like this > D:\Game Installs\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead.

Ok now create a shortcut of the "DayZbeta" file onto your desktop and use this to launch the game, What this "DayZbeta" batch file does its basically tells ARMA II to run the latest beta version, In this current case beta patch v94700. Ive only tested this on my Steam version of the game but it runs fantastic for me, Ive been using this method for, You will notice a DOS window opens, Its fine to just close this also your game may start windowed, Just hold Alt and press enter to make it full screen.

When you start the game in the bottom right of your screen you should notice you are now running the latest ARMA II beta patch.

I just posted this in a different section.

Look, Download the v1.7.2.1 test patch, Place the here, In my case its > D:\Game Installs\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons ... Create a folder called "@DayZ" inside your operation arrowhead folder then inside the "@DayZ" folder create another called "addons" Copy the v1.7.2.1 test into the "addons" folder.

Download the latest ARMA II 94700 beta patch from here(right at the top inside the green bar is the latest version) > http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php Once downloaded, Extract the files, Right click the file named "ARMA2_OA_Build_94700" & run this as administrator.

Then download this file named "DayZbeta" > http://dayz.sykotix....ds/DayZbeta.zip Extract it & place the "DayZbeta" batch file onto your 2 operation arrowhead folder, Like this > D:\Game Installs\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead.

Ok now create a shortcut of the "DayZbeta" file onto your desktop and use this to launch the game, What this "DayZbeta" batch file does its basically tells ARMA II to run the latest beta version, In this current case beta patch v94700. Ive only tested this on my Steam version of the game but it runs fantastic for me, Ive been using this method for, You will notice a DOS window opens, Its fine to just close this also your game may start windowed, Just hold Alt and press enter to make it full screen.

When you start the game in the bottom right of your screen you should notice you are now running the latest ARMA II beta patch.

Thank you! I'll start this right now.