Sign in to follow this  
Occulus

out of ides and dont know what to do

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

Retail original from amazon.com

OA from steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

I am running version 94700

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

sixupdater

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

I have all of the errors, everytime i reinstall the game i get all the erros listed in these forums. So now im out of ideas and i dont know what to do next.

*Your PC specs:

Amd Athelon ™ 2 x3 455 Processor 3.30 GHz

8 GB Ram

AMD Radeon HD 6670

*Your Operating System:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

*Have you looked at these threads?:

http://dayzmod.com/f...d.php?tid=18588

Yes ive been trying to play this game for about 8 days now, ive gotten every error posted in the forums to date, ive done every suggested fix, i have installed and reinstalled over 20 times already. I have watched quite a few youtube installation videos as well Just recently i trying installing onto a different computer and i get the exact same errors all over again.

Uhm.

Could you post what 'All the errors' are exactly? Cause that's a lot of errors :o!

Ill start from the beginning from day one.

day one: i get an error saying that certain keys were not signed and need to either be signed or deleted

day two: i get the bad serial error

day three: i get the unable to load 3d driver

day four: unable to install beta patch from website because i keep getting asked to log into the arma2 servers

day five: i get bad serial again

day six: stuck at waiting for host screen with a picture of some sand colored tanks, had to ctr-alt-del out

day seven: i get the idea to try and install on a computer with better specs than my main computer, i get the bad signed keys error

day eight: i get the bad signed keys error back on my main computer so i decide to do what it says and i delete them while noticing that the exact same keys i am singed have a double that says .bisigned next to each one, and than i get a new error saying "bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/citizen1.scope"

note every single one of these errors has been the cause of me either getting immediately kicked from any server i try to join. And i have reinstalled everytime i got a new error.

It also takes me about 7-8 hours to reinstall each time, and that is the reason why its day by day

Edited by Occulus

1) Open Steam and using the Properties of ArmA II and ArmA II: OA go to Local Files and Verify Integrity. It'll download any files that are missing or damaged.

2) Close Steam, right-click the icon for it on your desktop and "Run As Administrator"

3) Run Arma II through to the main menu, then quit out

4) Run ArmA II: OA through to the main menu, then quit out

5) Run Arma: II Combined Ops through to the main menu, then quit out

6) Run SixUpdater and let it do the speed test etc. Exit when done

7) Run SixLauncher, click on "Verify", find a server with a ping less than 200, join the game

8) Wait! It might take several minutes to get through to an actual playable state :)

Edited by GeeksterDayZ
  • Like 1

Thinking about it actually, Operation Arrowhead is supposed to be a "standalone" expansion I think. I always wondered why you couldn't just run DayZ via Operation Arrowhead - Which leads me to believe it may be because you've obtained your games from two different areas as DayZ obviously requires something from both.

I've had nothing but bad experiences trying to play games and expansions via two different retailers - I think the problem arises when the online retailers sell it significantly cheaper than the original retailer you bought your normal game from, only to find incompatibility issues.

I could be wrong, but I can totally see it being a problem.

i think he only bought operation arrowhead and not combined operations. do you have arma 2 also or maybe arma free

yeah didnt work, i got the error that gives me a list of addons in my file directory with arma2 original in it with the note "are not signed by the key acceped by this server. to play on this server, remove listed files or install additonal keys.

i bought both, im going to try and buy the steam version of the original arma2

Edited by Occulus