She'llberight

Safe zone/town in DayZ

Rest safely assured that if someone tried to establish a safezone outpost in DayZ the guards of that outpost would be quite busy and have very little time to "stand around doing nothing."

The place would be under constant assault both from without the borders by hostile forces and from within by spies and infiltrators.

It would be a magnet for activity.

Nobody would be bored.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one. Yes, it would be a magnet for activity, but not more than, say, NWAF. Sure, that place may have players there a lot, they aren't there all the time, and it's usually just one dude with WAY too much time on his hands. You make it sounds like people will be coming at the place all the time with non-stop action. That doesn't happen in the game already, so why would it be any different here?

it would be cool to see a safe zone or even allow players to reestablish towns with working trade type economies but then again it could ruin the game. i think we r looking to far into the future lets wait till DayZ is finished and then add stuff on when the bugs are gone

I think it sort of ruins the point of the game, but I also think that if there was one, people would camp outside the town and wait for you to leave, then kill you for your newly traded stuff.

Totally would do this. Not even sorry.

Forced safety does not belong in this game.

I would like to see it be possible to clear out a town of zombies, and have the town constantly be assaulted by zombies spawning outside of town, but not a safezone.

I'm not for it but if you had to do it... Use the small island off the coast and no one except the guild hosting the server can carry weps. Then that said guild could ferry interested traders over by boat or heli. It was just off the top of my head, poke holes in it or add to it.

i think every building should be accessible. when youre running from a hoard of zombies and theres no way to get away from them until you see a building in the distance and you go and its inaccessible. there doesnt have to be loot in every building. just a place to chill for a sec

The only way this could happen is if an organization of players could create and enforce it themselves, which I'm totally all about. The down side is that it would give a clear target to other players who wish to tear it down for fun.

Also, at the present state of Day Z, this zone would only be on one server, unless that organization had enough players to establish it on several.

as well as the fact that some players would try and server hop just to tear down for the lulz/ being an asshole.