Sign in to follow this  
Wessie4life

Sniping at the NE airfield

I've started to snipe at the NE airfield lately and in the past 2 days I have spent about 3/4 hours there and only seen 2 people, I was on night time servers though with between 10-20 people on.

Just wondering those of you that have/do snipe at the NE airfield how long does it take for you to spot someone and do you go on day or night time servers?

I have yet to see anyone at the NEAF, I got into a firefight last week with a couple people in the town just SW of the field.

Low population servers tend to have more people at the airfield. I guess everyone is thinking "low pop server, it will be safe at the airfiend" when in fact the whole server has the same idea and therefore makes it even more dangerous.

I was on a 7 player server at night and spotted a group of 4 after about 30 - 40 minutes of watching near the hangars (I usually spot most people at the hangars)

edit: thought you were asking about the NW airfield. my bad!

Edited by ExoMax

NE airfield generally doesn't get a lot of visitors. It's basically useless, so when you see 1- 2 people, especially at night, you really aren't going to see any more. If you want to snipe people, you're probably better off going to the North West Airfield or Berezino. A lot more action in those places, but a lot more risky.

• Like 1

I have yet to see anyone at the NEAF, I got into a firefight last week with a couple people in the town just SW of the field.

I rarely see anyone there, not even hoppers (which i thought would of been common), My brother and I were running through a field by the town and heard somebody shooting basically a whole AK mag at us, we had no idea were the person was so ran to the woods, my brother then crawled under a tree which suddenly broke his legs and killed him instantly lol.

I rarely visit the NE airfield. It's too exposed and offers very little in return for the risk. I do check the road nearby to see if the Ural has spawned, though.

Went there last night, didn't find anything other than a clan who had spent several hours (apparently) placing copious amounts of barbed wire outside the control tower / hangars.

went there again earlier on a daytime server and spotted someone, although I de-synced a few seconds before the shot, didn't notice and the guy took two bullets and carried on running so could only assume I or him was lagging :/

seen 2 guys today and both got away lol (first guy went unconsious then alt+f4'd).

NE airfield is poor choice for a camping sniper as the loot is poor, even balota has more.

Berezino would be a better place if you don't wanna go to NW airfield

Go NWAF or Stary, alot of more visitors...

I have yet to see people at NEAF.