Thomashhn

New Day Z player but I have a problem.

Hello all. So I have the latest update that just came out, have the Day Z updater as well. But everytime I try to get Arma 2 to start up with Arma 2 OA.. Arma 2 gives me an error saying "Bad serial number given in setup" I bought the games off of Steam, I know I don't have to enter a serial code so I have no idea why it is doing this. If anyone could possibly help me get Day Z running would be awesome. I've been trying to figure this out for a week now..and still nothing.

Wait, so do you get this error when you are about to start a DayZ server or when ARMA 2 initially loads? And did you try to play/start ARMA 2 BEFORE installing the mod/chaning startup options?

Run Steam as a Administrator and next time don't forget to Search here on the Forums & Google.

• Like 1

Wait, so do you get this error when you are about to start a DayZ server or when ARMA 2 initially loads? And did you try to play/start ARMA 2 BEFORE installing the mod/chaning startup options?

I can't even get on the Day Z servers at all. Should I just delete the day z mods then run Arma 2?

Yes, make sure that you can get ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 CO running BEFORE you attempt to load any mods.

Run Steam as a Administrator and next time don't forget to Search here on the Forums & Google.

How would I run Steam as an administrator? I'm a complete noob at some of this stuff..so sorry in advance

You need to start ArmA II & OA before you can play DayZ, then Run Steam as Administrator.

To run as admin, right click the Steam shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator"

But you really should be loading up the ARMA 2 and ARMA CO games BEFORE attempting to load any mod: Steam needs to finish installing files personal to your computer and account after any download.

I can only get Arma 2 OA to start up.. Arma 2 is still giving me this bad serial code given.

Close Steam, then right click it and Run As Administrator. Once loaded. right click ARMA 2 and choose "Properties". On one of the tabs, there is an option to "Verify Integrity". Use that option.

• Like 1

Close Steam, then right click it and Run As Administrator. Once loaded. right click ARMA 2 and choose "Properties". On one of the tabs, there is an option to "Verify Integrity". Use that option.

Alright I'm doing it now with it, Should I do it with Arma 2 OA as well?

It said one file failed and said to be reacquired. Didn't say which file tho

Edited by Thomashhn

Okay, Both Arma 2 & Arma 2 OA are opened up in windows mode.

Now it won't let me join the day z servers its telling me that "Addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack' is requried. I'm not sure where that is..

Edited by Thomashhn