Sign in to follow this  
aLmAnZo (DayZ)

An apology

I was playing on PL 1 or PL 3 yesterday, and went to loot Berezino. I came down to the store beside the appartment buildings, and saw a guy sitting on the stair. Went around the back, snuck up on him and fired, only to realize that all he had was an axe. Found myself a compass, then a guy opens up on me with something that sounded like a Makarov. He missed me, I waited a long time and I wen't back to see where it came from, he opened up again, and missed. I went into the back of the store and waited. Then I heared the guy talking to me saying "I take it you are not friendly... You killed my friend, you are so dead now. You are so fucked you don't even know it"... Then I disconnected, due to the fact that my mic was not key bounded. It was the first time for 3 months I have killed someone unprovoked, and it was the second time I had killed anyone in total. The first guy I killed was part of a group attacking my group, so that was fair game.

However, I feel bad about this. I am so sorry, and I hope that you'll be able to forgive me. I don't want to be a bandit, I find it more fun to help people. There where two of you, however, and one of me. You could have easily killed me, I should have just left the moment I saw you.

Oh, and I'll end the whole story with another one, a nice story. I was playing with a friend, again going to Berezino to get loot. We where positive that we where the only ones there, since the server had like 5-7 people on it. I was wrong however, ran up to what I thought was my friend and I got shot. In his defence, he had tried to talk to us, without any luck. (wasn't close enough). Anyways, he killed me, and my friend killed him. I respawn, and start to make my way back (Lost my first and only ghillie so far btw), then a stranger joins our teamspeak, simply to appologize for killing me. He told us that he had met one of our members ingame earlier (both unarmed), and that he had played with our clan earlier that day. He saw our clan tag on the server and guessed that, since we where two together, that it was us. That's why he spoke to us also. When he didn't get a response, he opened fire.

After explaining himself, we invited him to join us, and looted berezino together. It is possible people! And yes, this is what gameplay I aim to create. I am very sorry for killing you mate. The anger your friend expressed was justified, especially since you where practicaly unarmed. If you ever read this, contact me (I'll remember your nick if I see it) and I'll try to make it up for you.

Have fun, and stay alive people!

The only thing you should apologize for is pussying out and disconnecting.

Not saying you shouldnt feel sorry or bad for blasting someone in the back of the head. Thats cool, Im on like day 10 with this toon and Ive only shot 1 person. And even though I know it was me or him its not the way I want to play the game (at this moment).

Its the fact that you in effect ran and hide behind your mothers skirt (disconnecting), to avoid the consequences of your actions, is what is bullshit. Feel ashamed for that.

I found a few things my last life. I was primarily looking for a hatchet or some kind of weapon. A survivor came out of this barn I was heading towards. All he had was an axe and I had nothing. I was crawling prone and he looked down at me and I said "please don't axe me. lol" and he started to walk away, but then turned back and hacked at my legs then finished me off.

I was pretty disappointed, especially since I wouldn't have killed him. I've never killed anyone.

The moral of the story is, don't feel bad. He probably would have tried to kill you. lol

I also feel bad when i kill other players. That's probably the main reason i can't become a bandit, even though sometimes i get pissed and i want to become one, i just can't.

When i started playing i loved to go stealth around the cities shooting zombies with my crossbow and avoiding players. I just got killed so many times, that i don't even think about getting the crossbow anymore when i see it on the ground, we need "real guns" to defend ourselves against the blood thirsty bandits in this game.

Anyway, hope he sees your post :D

Edited by Fenrig

I don't feel bad killing people, especially since most people I come across shoot at me first. It's always a nice surprise to come across someone who says "friendly don't shoot" and actually means it, because we both walk away with our lives.

So far I've only since bandit firefights from a far distance. All the players that I've crossed path with haven't open a single shot and go about their business. One even followed me for supply looting behind me and i didn't even have to chat with him. So considered myself lucky for now. :P

Edited by leeo38

Urgh, I've died so many times trying to be friendly I just flat-out avoid people now. I see the occasional stragglers with no weapons and help them out a bit before moving on, but aside for that, nothing but shots coming from the other direction.