kirai

My friend can't get dayz to work

My friend bought the retail Arma 2 combined operations from the link on dayz.com. He installed the game and then downloaded six updater and used six launcher. It installed the newest version 1.7.2 but when he tries to launch a server first it comes up a text in left buttom corner two or three rows white and fourth or third row in red (it gets so fast you don't have the time to read it) after that he gets an error saying; "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_PMC'" after that he ends up on the main menu of Arma 2 operation arrowhead. Under the logo Arma 2 operation arrowhead it says; "arma 2 beta expansion @Dayz". It doesn't launch the server as mine do. Does anyone know what's wrong? We have installed it twice now.

Edited by Secutor

He bought CO, but does he have the main ARMA 2 game or at least demo installed?

He bought CO, but does he have the main ARMA 2 game or at least demo installed?

Oh crap nooooooo!

Does the demo work as well?

Oh crap nooooooo!

Does the demo work as well?

If he bought CO, then install BOTH ArmA II and ArmA II Operation Arrowhead. DayZ needs both of these. You use the demo only if you bought ONLY Operation Arrowhead. So yes, install both games.

So if you bought the combined operation it should work?

So if you bought the combined operation it should work?

If he bought CO, he needs to install both ArmA II and OA in order to play DayZ.

If he bought CO, he needs to install both ArmA II and OA in order to play DayZ.

He installed everything so yes he have two folders, one Arma 2 and one Arma 2 operation arrowhead, @Dayz is in the OA folder.

Edited by Secutor

NO!

All Arma games should be installed in the same folder, first he must install Arma 2 then update it to the latest patch (official not beta), then install Arma 2 Operation arrowhead, install the latest patch for it, then install latest beta patch, then run the game at least until the main menu is up the exit,

Install dayz:

if he downloaded the torrent file he should do this:

create folder named @DayZ in arma 2 main folder where A2 and oa installed, then create sub folder in @DayZ folder called addons then copy paste all the Dayz.pbo files that was downloaded, into addons folder.

now run the game, Use beta patch: go to Arma folder and there will be shorcut > Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch

then in game main menu go to expansion (in the main menu), there should be @DayZ or DayZ in the list, select this, the game will restart, make sure there is @DayZ word appears at the top right of the main screen, then make sure that in the bottom right there is version that is above 94000.

now he should be able to play...

NO!

All Arma games should be installed in the same folder, first he must install Arma 2 then update it to the latest patch (official not beta), then install Arma 2 Operation arrowhead, install the latest patch for it, then install latest beta patch, then run the game at least until the main menu is up the exit,

Install dayz:

if he downloaded the torrent file he should do this:

create folder named @DayZ in arma 2 main folder where A2 and oa installed, then create sub folder in @DayZ folder called addons then copy paste all the Dayz.pbo files that was downloaded, into addons folder.

now run the game, Use beta patch: go to Arma folder and there will be shorcut > Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch

then in game main menu go to expansion (in the main menu), there should be @DayZ or DayZ in the list, select this, the game will restart, make sure there is @DayZ word appears at the top right of the main screen, then make sure that in the bottom right there is version that is above 94000.

now he should be able to play...

Thanks a lot mate. Used six launcher the last time, the same as I did at first and for me it worked but I bought the, seperate, OA and Arma 2 so as you said I have everything in the same folden but he have two one for OA and one for Arma 2.

I will try out your guide though :)