Sign in to follow this  
oblivmod

Spawn Bug

Date/Time: 7/11/2012 3:40PM PST

What happened: Logged into server and I was in this "place" (refer to screenshot) and i was missing all of my items. Now im stuck on all servers.

Where you were: I was in a house in a little farming town North-East of Elektro when i last logged off.

What you were doing: I was logging into the server.

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: logged into US206 (1.7.2/93825) dayzmod.com - Forenzik Vilayer.com. Don't remember server i logged off from.

*Your system specs: i7 3.4ghz, NVIDIA GTX 680, 16GB RAM, win7 64bit

*Timeline of events before/after error: Logged off server due to rain, was at really low blood so with added rain couldnt see anything. Logged into another server to find myself in this predicament.

post-49329-0-31357300-1342037868_thumb.j

• Like 3

I have the same problem

i was chased by zombies. i killed them they broke my leg. i did not have any morphine so i logged out to wait for a friend and then i spawn in the middle of nowhere, same place as the picture that oblivmod posted.

I have the same problem as well. Logged off in the woods with all of my gear, thirst was orange, everything else fine. about 3 hours later i logged into a server and it said i had been killed before i even clicked "ok" to spawn in. I disconnected and tried another server and it spawned me in what looks like the same place as the picture with no gear at all (not even starting items). tried to spawn in on a few more servers and the same thing happens. the most recent time there were 2 other people there with me, but they were not moving or anything. It spawns me with the same health stats, etc..(kind of low thirst but everything else full), and i never got the popup thing to choose male or female.

Running on AMD 970 black, radeon 6850, 8GB RAM, win7 64-bit.

latest version of DayZ (1.7.2) and patch (94700).

happens on every server i join. have tried at least 5.

Update: it is also spawning me like this in servers that i could not previously even join or would get stuck at loading (ones with older versions and beta patches).

Update 2: hit respawn to kill myself and started normally as new character on the coast.

Edited by kenziebaby

I have the same problem as well. Logged off in the woods with all of my gear, thirst was orange, everything else fine. about 3 hours later i logged into a server and it said i had been killed before i even clicked "ok" to spawn in. I disconnected and tried another server and it spawned me in what looks like the same place as the picture with no gear at all (not even starting items). tried to spawn in on a few more servers and the same thing happens. the most recent time there were 2 other people there with me, but they were not moving or anything. It spawns me with the same health stats, etc..(kind of low thirst but everything else full), and i never got the popup thing to choose male or female.

Running on AMD 970 black, radeon 6850, 8GB RAM, win7 64-bit.

latest version of DayZ (1.7.2) and patch (94700).

happens on every server i join. have tried at least 5.

Update: it is also spawning me like this in servers that i could not previously even join or would get stuck at loading (ones with older versions and beta patches).

Same problem... so annoying!

Happens to me Last night two times, Too.

First I locked in and lost my Charakter with as50 and Coyote Backpack.

I couldn't find a solution so I suicieded and startet new. After i has gatheres some starting supplies, food, watch, drInks......, I startet to Travel to the international Airfield to get good gear. I finished around 2/3 of the way when I made a toilete Break.

And Tada I was again in the debug Area without anything.

Pls fix this, the Game is unplayeble, if you loose your Chr. every hour or so.

awsome happened to me yet again this morning at 10 am at airstrip. Always seems to happen when i finally get all geared, never when i have nothing. Can i please play the game without losing my gear every day. =(

Edited by oblivmod

Yep! This shit keeps happening to me too! It is making me really angry at this point

This has nothing to do with computer specs. Its a bug in the game and its making the game un-playable its a complete piss off

Same thing has happened to me...3 times now... All today... I'll log out geared, connect to a server and I instantly get killed,before I finish spawning and spawn soon after and I have to start all over...

• Like 1

This kind of happened to me. I logged out last night after clenching my butt all through NW airfield and stary etc, only to log on today and be back on the coast with nothing.

I tried a few different servers and got the smae deal. So, i hit respawn thinking well i was gonna lose all that gear as soon as i came close to cherno anyway and low and behold i respawn in the middle of the map with all my gear again lol. WINNING... until i get to sniper hill that is O.o

• Like 1

I was playing last night on an NZ server either NZ 2 or NZ 15 , I was at the top of the mountain in Black Forest between Polana and Guglovo when I logged off at around 4am ACST, when I logged back in today I spawned in at Kamyshovo with none of my gear, I had about half my blood and was going to get a friend to give a transfusion with one of the 5 blood packs I had, and all the survival gear needed to live out bush as well as supplies and ammo to last for days and an extra map for a friend. I know I had not been killed because I had a female avatar last night and today it was a male avatar and did not ask which gender I wanted to choose when I logged in.

the updated i had installed are as follows:

• beta patch 94945
    • dayz_anim v0.4
    • dayz_code v1.7.2.3
    • dayz_equip v1.3.4
    • dayz_sfx v1.2
    • dayz_ v1.3.1
    • dayz_vehicles v0.1
    • dayz_weapons v1.3.2

This has nothing to do with computer specs.

Mine happened on LU42, ASAP I relogged on somewhere else it was all there again. I think it was the first logon that day. The server had also recently I guess adapted 1.7.3 as it wasn't there a day before. I had a bike on it, so I kinda cared and hence noticed the server. :D

, I had about half my blood

I logged in once bleeding after having not been hit, only realised when I was getting blurry, since I didn't suspect anything, I didn't look for it. View went blurry until i managed to get me bandaged. Shot 25 zombies to get food to get me up again. but died at least a glorious death. :) (I wasn't hungry before!)

But also had the reverse happening. After a logout 10 - 15 minutes after a Z hit that had me down to 118xx I came back as 12000.

I did not dc

Maybe a server catching, Hive caching issue. I also had binos being in my inventory but not visible. I could use them though.

Edited by Ankhenaten

Regardless of why this happened it is a pain the ass. The game is becoming un-playable due to stupid patches that give shitty features like bear traps! Instead of adding stupid features they should focus on the damn bugs that are preventing people from playing the game.

• Like 2

I have the spawn bug to... I was in the north of the airfield on the southcoast. then i was without any stuff on the coast. now i have two characters and sometimes i am logged in as the character without my surviving stuff and sometimes i got the char with no important things.

me too logged out yesterday at solnichniy with m14.

Logged in today and i had a fresh char tried it on another server still the same.

Played with new char and logged out near vybor (with enfield) for break.

But then when i logged in again after break (on another server) my char were some guy camping near Stary sobor with m16a4 (as i logged in someone camped besides me and i shot him in panic and died).

But then i relogged again and i spawn with the enfield char (wtf?) but now in the wilderness.

(sry for the guy whos char i killed)

i had something different 10mins ago and was searching for a solution. this happened to me too but this time it was like that: when i logged off 5 hours ago i was lying down in the church of elektro, had a m1014 (shotgun) and a g17 and all kinds of good stuff.

but when i connected, i was at the coast (like i died), but i had few items left in my inventory. i still had all the items that are in the slots where food and primary weapon ammo is, and i had everything in the slots where the bandages are. my weapons, binoculars, backpack and also all my tools are gone. like i dropped everything after swimming, but as i said i was laying down in the curch. my blood were the same (10.000 or somethin), but most of my stuff is gone.

its night at my place, and i didnt even have my flashlight, so how the shit am i supposed to loot stuff again? i know, i could join a server with a different time zone, but theoretically.

and i mean, i had a g17, god damnit :(

please fix this issue, because of this bug i wont have fun to play dayz for a few days..

i had something different 10mins ago and was searching for a solution. this happened to me too but this time it was like that: when i logged off 5 hours ago i was lying down in the church of elektro, had a m1014 (shotgun) and a g17 and all kinds of good stuff.

but when i connected, i was at the coast (like i died), but i had few items left in my inventory. i still had all the items that are in the slots where food and primary weapon ammo is, and i had everything in the slots where the bandages are. my weapons, binoculars, backpack and also all my tools are gone. like i dropped everything after swimming, but as i said i was laying down in the curch. my blood were the same (10.000 or somethin), but most of my stuff is gone.

its night at my place, and i didnt even have my flashlight, so how the shit am i supposed to loot stuff again? i know, i could join a server with a different time zone, but theoretically.

and i mean, i had a g17, god damnit :(

please fix this issue, because of this bug i wont have fun to play dayz for a few days..

Same here, happened twice.

log out and log in later, same server, lost backpack and weapons, how embarassing! :D

Happenes to me all the time. Find some decent gear and log off for the day and the next time I try to log back on I'm at the gender select screen.

I died and cannot respawn now :( My char keeps coming back unconcious with 65 units of blood, and I cannot access the ESC menu :(

This happened to my friend when we were setting up a camp. He logged on, died then spawned at the cost with nothing (no starting gear). So he raged and went on a killing spree on the busiest Australian (we live in australia) server and killed about 20 people and had about -25000 humanity afterwards. That happened about a month ago and hasn't happened to either of us since