Sign in to follow this  
AngryBenko

Reloading magazines

Date/Time: Wednesday July 11, 2012 1:01 PM

What happened: When reloading magazines, it will not reload to the next highest magazine. Instead it will stay at X number of bullets in the magazine. Example: 4 bullets in a M1911 clip with 3 extra clips. When reloading, the number at the top right 4 / 3 will remain 4 / 3 and not to 7 / 3 which is how ARMA 2 ammunition works.

Where you were: Elektro, Cherno, Airfield. Pretty much anywhere

What you were doing: Looking for supplies.

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: Atlanta 72,

*Your system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1

Intel® Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6870

*Timeline of events before/after error: None

I too Have encountered this bug however I have had abit more luck in figuring out the cause. So far I have only found 2 primary weapons that case this bug. They are the M14 and the DMR if you have ether of these equiped your side arm will continue to reload the clip it already has in the gun.

You may wish to change your timeline to say which weapon you have as your primary weapon.

To summarise:

Weapons that bug side arm realod (that i know about)

M14, DMR

Weapons that i know dont (or at least not for me and my friends)

M16A2, AKM, AK74, M1014, MR43, Remington, Winchester, M107

Side arm that bugs:

M1911 (I have only ever used this as my side arm so cant comment on any others)

Versions with bug:

1.7.1.5, 1.7.2, 1.7.2.3 (I assume it also bugged in earlyer versions but as i only started playing on version 1.7.1 and didn't get any where until v1.7.1.5 I dont know)

If it wasnt for the M107 being in the list of weapons that dont bug i would have suspected it being somthing to do with arma not liking snipers with side arms as when your in the COOP armoury picking up alot of the snipers wont let you also pick up a side arm but i dont really know enough about this game to comment on that.

Hope this is helpfull

If you actually listen, when u reload the sidearm, it makes the reload sound for your primary. Not only confirmed to happen with a M1911, but the revolver as well. Will try other sidearms if I get the chance.

You can add the Enfield and the M24 to that list that bug it out as well.

As someone who uses their sidearm to kill Zeds a lot, I've only encountered this bug since 1.7.2.3, possiblely since 1.7.2

Edited by Thatgingerkid

I have the same bug. My previous weapon was a M14 DMR, now I have a CZ550 / M9SD and i can't switch magazine with both of them.

Dayz version : 1.7.2.3

Edited by SnakoU

drop the ammo or place it in a tent, bag, vehicle. just remove it from active inventory. then place it back in the inventory. bug postponed.

-also, i've had this happen with all sidearms in any combination of primaries.

i have this too, sometimes it randomly goes away then comes back, idk why. i do like to run around with an m14, so that could be causeing it, but this happened when i had an akm also.