Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Servers need to be regulated

I've been playing for the past three days with many, many people our group ranges from four to its maximum at eight. On certain servers we get some desync problems, we usually leave those servers and find another one if the issues are serious and/or persist. I've been on plenty of servers where we played for hours and hours with absolutely zero problems. So from my experience, no, I'm not having these supposed problems. Sure it's sometimes hard to find a good server but when I do I'm there for a long time. I find that trying to join servers with a population of +15 is generally best, most servers with populations any lower simply don't work proprely. I don't really notice much difference when sorting by ping, even the servers that say i have 9999 ping are usually wrong once I've actually connected to the server.

While I agree that the servers need to be regulated properly it's not going to happen anytime soon and I wouldn't expect it to. Rocket and his team have just barely gotten the game this far, it went from being on a few New Zealand servers just a couple months ago to having 500,000 unqiue players. It's not the alpha for a game from seom big company, it's a the alpha of a mod made by a single guy. I'm certain that as time goes these problems will be fixed and addressed along with the current state of the servers.

People saying they dont get any desync issues mainly play solo and dont realise its only playing with other people / survivors where you notice the terribad lag and desyncs.

For all the posters saying what desync? it must be your connection. I guess your all solo players and dont have any friends. Either that or your just trolollolololing

People saying they dont get any desync issues mainly play solo and dont realise its only playing with other people / survivors where you notice the terribad lag and desyncs.

For all the posters saying what desync? it must be your connection. I guess your all solo players and dont have any friends. Either that or your just trolollolololing

Quite true, because you and your friends experiences are the only ones in existence.

I get desync issues quite often (red chain) on Australian servers where i get the best ping of around 40-100 varies. Whilst overseas depdning on what server i sometimes get none at all and ping is much higher (200-400).

I don't think it's bandwidth problems.

Differing beta versions, differing DayZ versions, these are the main reasons people desync.

Hence the dude from the UK on a 20mb line.

These are the things that need to be regulated.

Out of about 15 or so ANZ servers, only 6 or 7 are updated to 1.7.2 and the latest non game breaking beta patch.

It's pretty pathetic.