Sign in to follow this  
Igor (DayZ)

Armor

Be able to have a body-armor which can prevent 2-3 bullets until finally hit. (chest and abdominal area)

Head, leg, arms is free to shoot normally.

Be able to have a body-armor which can prevent 2-3 bullets until finally hit. (chest and abdominal area)

This, i enjoy this idea.

Perhaps instead of damage, you go in to shocked status? Even with body armor it'll hurt like a bitch.

and higher .cal bullets go right through it like paper.

Edited by Shy Guy Sterlok

Against it. Would make the game to easy.

If done correctly it'd work out, perhaps getting knocked down to Prone, with a shock status. simliar to how it is when you break a leg.

thei

Against it. Would make the game to easy.

well I disagree this would be cool but i think their should be different grades of body armor that provide different states of protection at a cost of mobility or sneaking ability.

If done correctly it'd work out, perhaps getting knocked down to Prone, with a shock status. simliar to how it is when you break a leg.

Good idea. But then it'd be like this.

3 shots = 700 blood damage

4 shots = shock

5 shots = 1400 blood damage (added on from the 700, shock)

6 shots = broken bones + 2800 blood damage

7 shots = 5000 blood damage

8 shots = death

They can be repaired by a Knitting Kit (tool added).

Certain guns can kill instantly like a .50, M24, etc.

Agreed. Plus, that is the whole point of getting rare items (assuming it would be a rare find), to make the game easier. All the high end items do. I think it's a great idea and a lot of my friends playing have mentioned interest in it as well. Shock status would be a good idea as well, though I would be happy without it.

We'd also need a stamina meter, so the armor-less can run faster (maybe move quieter without all that bulk?) and the body armor has a multiplier on it for stamina depletion and noise.

Then we can even have the regular kevlar being rather light, all the way up to flak-jackets that are much heavier but can withstand more punishment. As you said, the key is the make it so legs, head, and arms are 100% unprotected.

Maybe keep the pain the same (since it's like getting punched in the chest) just no blood damage for the first few shots.

But +1 I like it, good idea.

Pls no it would make the game way to easy pls devs don't listend to dumbdown ideas for game keep it HARDCORE.

Pls no it would make the game way to easy pls devs don't listend to dumbdown ideas for game keep it HARDCORE.

It'd be as hard to get as getting antibiotics, ghillie suit, and an SVD Camo.

Good idea. But then it'd be like this.

3 shots = 700 blood damage

4 shots = shock

5 shots = 1400 blood damage (added on from the 700, shock)

6 shots = broken bones + 2800 blood damage

7 shots = 5000 blood damage

8 shots = death

They can be repaired by a Knitting Kit (tool added).

Certain guns can kill instantly like a .50, M24, etc.

That may be abit much, i'm talking two shots to the chest, i've actauly been shot wearing a flak jacket, first shot will knock the wind out of you, and break ribs, second shot will put you out, not dead but knocked out, but obivously that'd be abit much so, two free shots on the chest, after it breaks its gone, you can't repair bulletproof jackets easly

Have to be twice as rare as the L85 for me to want it in the game...

Those wearing one would have to sacrifice the backpack slot XD :) thats a hell of a tradeoff!

Edited by SheepDogg

Those wearing one would have to sacrifice the backpack slot XD :) thats a hell of a tradeoff!

Not realistic though.

I wouldn't mind the implementation of helmets and body armor, simply because I'm often times not out to shoot people and I get shot and taken down. This way I would at least be able to run or survive the stray bandit bullet when they decide to shoot me.

However, body armor is also kind of moot. Once you establish a tent location and store your stuff and just bring a basic weapon and empty pack to a nearby town for more supplies, it doesn't really matter if you die. I mean, it does because you then lose your tent in two days or whatever, but still. Death isn't that big of a deal.

Edited by LordRayken

well its a good idea like one said here have different body armor but like having something that can protect you from pistol round one for 223. and one for the 308. but you will get like 2x shot were nothing happens only you get like shook up unsteady aim 3 hit will knock you off and will give you slow movement after that its broken you can make it so its like ceramic plates so its not repairable. helmets can only take one shot sins its hard to hit the head to begin with from most e calibers not the 308 or stronger . make it so you have to find the ceramic plates and the vest to holde it and you have different types of ceramic plates you can loot.

Edited by SneakySnake

You do realize that body armor can still easily be penetrated, but military armor(bomb demolitionst armor) could block alot but that stuff weighs 80+ lbs so If it does get implemented the con of it is you run slow as hell and are a huge target due to the armor being crazily big.(Don't believe me, google it.)

I like the idea of armor

but more military stuff to spawn makes rare military stuff more rare

because there would more lootable things on the same number of loot spots

also there is a firestation, a hospital but no police department?

could find pistols/shotguns and light bodyarmor there

heavy armor only at military places

Edited by Magicool