zoss777

My Ideas to fix the zombies.

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I like both ideas!
    • I like idea number 1 but not 2!
    • I like idea number 2 but not 1!
    • I don't like both ideas.

Okay so basically I have 2 ideas that I think are perfect to fix zombies. A new zombie movement fix and a whole new AI pathfinding concept.

Okay here are my ideas.

1. Zombies are zombies. They are obviously not as smart and balanced as a survivor. I think the walking zombies (As I do not know how this could apply to crawlers) when running/sprinting should trip and fall down I think randomly. This means that it would be easier losing 1 or 2 zombies as they would eventually trip and you could get away, but it would take a while to lose a whole zombie train with this method.

2. Okay so when you hop a fence or something like that how is it that the zombies immediately know the shortest possible route to you instantly? They are stupid an enraged, they should just spread out and run in every direction possible.

Reasons why this is awesome.

A. It helps lose zombies a little bit.

B. It's very realistic, instead of being in a straight line zombies would literally be pouring in through every street and alley way which would be scary as hell.

C. It would make the game seem like it had more zombies.

Please submit a vote, give feed back. and discuss my ideas!

Edited by Zoss777

well these ideas are great but the zombies don't really need to be "fixed" excluding the part where they just instantly can walk through barb wire/wire fences, walls, and other player placed down obsticals while the player can't. but i personaly i think the second idea doesn't need to be fixxed as when they know exaectly where to go it's usually only one direction where they can move forword most of the time so they just run there and prob see you again and starts chasing again.

I think its a good idea. I started a thread a few days ago listed the above. I think it would make the game more balanced and tactically... instead of an unarmed survivor running 15-20 miles up and down hills, through buildings, over walls etc..

Zombie are dumb, I think if they saw something running, they should go after, no matter what, like: a zombie passes in front of him, he will try to actually get the another zombie, not the player, because actually, he didn't see the player.

Zombie are dumb, I think if they saw something running, they should go after, no matter what, like: a zombie passes in front of him, he will try to actually get the another zombie, not the player, because actually, he didn't see the player.

Yeah but then groups of people could have one guy run through the city and completely rid it of zombies so their friends can loot it.

Why cant the survivors trip and fall. Theyre really stressed out, running from undead hoards and all

Why cant the survivors trip and fall. Theyre really stressed out, running from undead hoards and all

I don't know about that, sure it is realistic I guess. But It's not authentic.