Ziliphade

Am i doing something wrong?

Yeah i usually always find good stuff if i check there, weapons are super rare but i get tons of ammo, some times backpacks, also food. I wish they would add loot to the tents, it would make it a bit more rewarding when you deal with the zombies getting stuck under the stands, which by the way you are SCREWED if you don't have a gun or hatchet, because they won't allow you to climb the ladder.

Not exactly. A good tactic in this case is to use a flare or smoke grenade if you have any, and throw them about midway between the compound. It lures the zombies out from under the towers and gives you ample time to take what you want from the deer stand you're after. Rinse and repeat for the others. Have done this several times.

Deer blinds can spawn DMRs, which in my opinion is one of the best sniper rifles in the game. I want to say they can also spawn M14 Aims, but not sure if that is limited to barracks (NW Airfield) or heli crash sites. Other than that, you are limited to CZ550s, found in large barns with stairs shown as large green circles on the map. In all honesty though, I prefer an AKM, other AK variants, M4s and M16s over the CZ, which can all be found commonly in deer blinds. Also, MP5SDs and M9SD can be found in deer blinds as well. While tempting, they are crap at killing players and zombies. Their ammo is also fairly rare, so recommending avoiding silenced weapons altogether unless its an M4A3 SD. If you do happen to find a DMR though, cherish that thing. It will be good to you.

On another note, the lee enfield is nicknamed the dinner bell for a reason. Do no shoot it anywhere near town or you will agro the whole thing.

Edited by kradluk

I would suggest finding your own loot paths instead of adopting others', it's a much more organic way to learn the game and you'll probably develop your own way of navigating the map. As of 1.7.2 I'd say the basic needs for a new spawn are:

1) Hatchet - arm and reload and only fight infected when trapped. Hatchets are everywhere, do not neglect them.

2) Loot small buildings, even sheds, for food and drink and survival gear.

3) Get morphine and bandages - best place is behind hospitals or inside med tents in Cherno/Elektro.

4) Go inland and find barns with guns and stores with backpacks.

The key is to remember that snipers shoot anyone on sight but inside cities you have a slightly better chance of surviving encounters with other players if you have a hatchet and don't run at them.

Edited by Electrolyte

Deer blinds can spawn DMRs, which in my opinion is one of the best sniper rifles in the game. I want to say they can also spawn M14 Aims, but not sure if that is limited to barracks (NW Airfield) or heli crash sites. Other than that, you are limited to CZ550s, found in large barns with stairs shown as large green circles on the map. In all honesty though, I prefer an AKM, other AK variants, M4s and M16s over the CZ, which can all be found commonly in deer blinds. Also, MP5SDs and M9SD can be found in deer blinds as well. While tempting, they are crap at killing players and zombies. Their ammo is also fairly rare, so recommending avoiding silenced weapons altogether unless its an M4A3 SD. If you do happen to find a DMR though, cherish that thing. It will be good to you.

On another note, the lee enfield is nicknamed the dinner bell for a reason. Do no shoot it anywhere near town or you will agro the whole thing.

Oh yes i have done that before, it was one of the first times i died in the game, i shot a zombie that was stuck in a doorway to a grocery store and all of the sudden i heard endless shrieking in all directions.

Head north and look for barns and cowsheds. Shotguns, crossbows and leeroy enfields spawn in these.

Get your bad self one of those, then head to Cherno and exact your terrible revenge!

I'm going to start calling them that now. Thanks. lol

I agree with Electrolye in that you should probably find your own path. However, there are some key things to understand about the game.

Deer blinds are a gold mine, never pass them up.

Avoid large cities (Cherno, Electra, Bere) unless you need a massive amount of medical supplies.

Grocery stores can spawn practically everything you need, run to a inland city with a grocery store and start your loot process there.

Scope out towns before you enter, if zombies, move on.

Spend as little time in any location as possible..

I agree with Electrolye in that you should probably find your own path. However, there are some key things to understand about the game.

Deer blinds are a gold mine, never pass them up.

Avoid large cities (Cherno, Electra, Bere) unless you need a massive amount of medical supplies.

Grocery stores can spawn practically everything you need, run to a inland city with a grocery store and start your loot process there.

Scope out towns before you enter, if zombies, move on.

Spend as little time in any location as possible..

Erm... move on? i think every town spawns them by default, unless i read your post wrong.