Sign in to follow this  
imagine

Arma II lags at main menu

Yesterday when I started up DayZ through Six Launcher, some weird things started to happen. Basicly both video and sound in the game freezes for 2 seconds, then works fine for 1 second and then freeze again. I can still move the mouse pointer under the freezes. I updated to 1.7.2 the night before, but I can't remember if I played it after that or not. I started searching for an answer and if it was caused by the update, but I haven't heard of anyone with the same problem.

I started "troubleshooting" from here, I have tried restarting computer, running everything as administrator, updating my graphics drivers, removing everything that has to do with DayZ and Arma 2 and reinstalling from scratch. So I started with just installing plain Arma but even that lags in main menu, and through out the whole time it's open. It's even lagging from the first start screen that shows the logo to Bohemia interactive. I don't really know what to do from here and i'm dieing to play DayZ.

Specs:

Windows 7, 64-bit

Intel Core 2 duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz

4096MB RAM

DirectX 11

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 2287MB

I have the steam version of the game.

I can also mention that i have tried monitoring my GPU and it runs on 47% while in game, but it does the same on desktop. My CPU runs at like 70% and sometimes peaks 90% while playing, but it have done this all the time and I first got lag yesterday.

I can't think of any more information to give you, but if there is something you need to know to help then just ask and I will give it to you right away. If someone can help me I will appreciate it very much!

Hi,

If Arma is lagging just at the main menu, I'll assume it's struggling because of your spec.

Firstly, run this:

http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx

In options, go to video options and lower everything, whilst turning certain settings off. If this illeviates your main menu lag, let me know.

Hope I could help.

Edit: If you're launching through Six Launcher, how are you able to tell that the main menu is lagging...?

Edited by Remix

If it due to system requirments, turn the shadows down, they own ur gfx card and memory

Hi,

If Arma is lagging just at the main menu, I'll assume it's struggling because of your spec.

Firstly, run this:

http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx

In options, go to video options and lower everything, whilst turning certain settings off. If this illeviates your main menu lag, let me know.

Hope I could help.

Edit: If you're launching through Six Launcher, how are you able to tell that the main menu is lagging...?

I used to launch to six launcher, now i dont even have dayz installed and launch just original arma 2 through steam. I have tried lowered every setting to minimum, but no difference. To me it looks like something is interferring...

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/analysis.aspx?name=ArmA+II%3a+Operation+Arrowhead&id=10994

As mentioned I havent had any lag before yesterday and I have been playing for almost two weeks now. So I dont really think it should be because of system specs.

Okay,

Well it's obviously related to you not using Six Launcher anymore (for whatever reason) or the 1.7.2 patch.

You're welcome to download the new 1.7.2.1 hotfix from the announcent section of the forum to see if this resolves your problem, but tread with caution!

Cheers.

I appreciate it, but I won't think that will solve the problem.

As said, i only have regular Arma II installed, no expansion, no dayZ. Everything related to dayZ is removed, even the old files to Arma II. Everything should be clean. But there has to be something messing around...

These are your phrases:

"I don't really know what to do from here and i'm dieing to play DayZ."

"i only have regular Arma II installed".

Right, so are you trying to play Arma or DayZ?

I'm remotely confused as to what you're trying to do. Are you able to play DayZ through Six Launcher or are you just concerned that the main menu lags?

You asked for help, and I suggested that 1.7.2 may be the issue as this issue only appeared yesterday after you updated to 1.7.2 and you've chosen to ignore my advice. I don't know what else I can do if you don't want my help, sorry.

Perhaps someone else can offer you advice that you're willing to accept.

Cheers.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Im sorry if I sounded like I ignored your help, but I probably just used my words the wrong way.

I can see how it's confusing you, and im sorry for that.

I'll try again, I want to play dayZ. but as I laged first time yesterday when i launched through six launcher I decided to uninstall everything. When I started installing again, I decided to install one thing at a time and see when the problem kicked in. The problem is there when I only have Arma II installed, I have nothing that relates to dayZ on my computer other than that. In my head that means that the dayZ update can't interfere, because it's uninstalled. I can be wrong as I am not any computer god, so if I am wrong I will gladly try your advice :)

I hope i clared something up and I really appreciate your help.

Yeah, no worries! Sorry, it's 4:30am here in Australia so I'm probably just tired and grouchy haha.

Firstly, reinstall everything back to where you were. I can see why you uninstalled everything, but you may have accidently left the "@DayZ" folder in the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory?

Install instructions:

http://dayzwiki.com/...am_installation

Some basic troubleshooting for you, which adresses many issues including low FPS bugs:

- Run Steam as an admin. Steam has to edit the registry to apply Arma 2 keys when you run the game.

- Launch Arma and Operation Arrowhead individually.

- Check the integrity files of Operation Arrowhead via steam (this may help you!)

- Restart your PC after all this.

- Ensure you're running from Six Launcher.

- Cross your fingers.

Let me know if this helps mate, although I might fall asleep soon as I'm typing this from my bed!

Edit: Have you installed the Arma beta?

http://dayzwiki.com/...RMA2_Beta_patch

Edit2: Ctrl+Alt+Delete - what are your processes like in the background?

Edited by Remix
  • Like 1

So im running through your suggestion, and i found at the steam integrity files check that 1 file failed. Gonna go through all the other steps to and then try, but just thought i give you a heads up :)

43278.jpg

Picture of usage when running arma. Im running dual screen, but weird thing is that DayZ didn't show up on the screen, it just showed the desktop behind. I dont know if its supposed to be like that or not.

I've tried everything you have said now, but nada :(

I notice that when im launching the game and the first "wait for ..." screen appears my CPU is at 97-100%. Something needs to be seriously wrong here.

Hello.

I have the same problem since today...

Yesterday everything was working fine, no lags or connection Problems. Then i set my PC over night to Stand-By and today i doesn't works anymore. I have lags in the Main Menu and after joining a Server and when it starts loading the map it say's Arma2 OA doesnt works anymore -.-

I already tried to reinstall DayZ and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead... I don't know what i should do to fix this >:(

System:

AMD Phenom X4 @ 4x 3.6 GhZ

Asus 560 GTX Tii Cu

6 GB Ram

Edited by Warhog

Yea I am getting this to. I played fine earler has a 2 hour break came back and it is very choppy. It is not just the menu either, I got into DAYZ and the frame rate was very very bad. Not sure why this suddenly happend, I mean I have been playing fine for over two months now. Guess I will just try again later.

Same here! Logged out, restarted the game and then i wasnt even able to click cause of laggs...

what does it look like? on mine, its like the landscape is morphing and contorting. when i am able to see my guy and move around its not really lagging. just the landscape and what not acting all crazy. ive shut off 6 uploader, but no dice. its prob my graphics card on this laptop. but i was still hoping maybe there is a solution or a trick to fix it?

I have the same problem.. 4-8 FPS while just in the main menu

it has nothing to do with my specs though

any help? :/

Hello.

I have the same problem since today...

Yesterday everything was working fine, no lags or connection Problems. Then i set my PC over night to Stand-By and today i doesn't works anymore. I have lags in the Main Menu and after joining a Server and when it starts loading the map it say's Arma2 OA doesnt works anymore -.-

I already tried to reinstall DayZ and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead... I don't know what i should do to fix this >:(

System:

AMD Phenom X4 @ 4x 3.6 GhZ

Asus 560 GTX Tii Cu

6 GB Ram

Same with me man!!

I have been playing Dayz and ARMA2 since the day they came out and no issues like this before for me ever.

Then today EVERYTHING is very slow, in-game, game menu, options menu,etc..

I have tried 12 other games and none of them have the same issue.

My comp is running well, all other programs, games are running well with no slowdown and as soon as I leave dayz everything is perfectly normal.

Very wierd..

i am also having this problem, i just loaded up arma 2 CO with dayz 1.7.2.4 and am experiencing like 2-6 frames per second on main menu ,normally would be around 40fps. only way to fix it is to restart my pc and load up game again. I used to get it during dayz 1.7.2 game and would be forced to abort and restart pc to fix now i only get it for a couple of seconds during game or as soon as i boot game up in which case i just restart computer and it fixes it but not the micro lag every now and then in percentage of game time when it occurs i would say around 25% - 30%, however it still annoys me when it happens and i would like to find the cause of it.

My game is steam version however i dont use steam to launch i use spirited machine launcher and manage my addons before launching game. i know it either has to be my game settings or something included in dayz that is causing it.

my specs:

amd 1055T 2.8ghz/3.2ghz turbo core

16gb ddr3 1600mhz

game/media hdd 1TB

main os hdd 750GB

asus Nvidia 560ti 1gb

many thanks for any info

Anyone else have this problem start just the last few days?

Ye been able to play arma 2 fine and dayz but im getting like 2 fps in the menu.