Sign in to follow this  
zogin

Over 2200 people online on ARMA2 cheat forums

Hacks are becoming less prevalent now, it seems the detection methods are improving gradually, albeit not quickly enough to mitigate the already numerous deaths caused by their douchebaggery. There will always be loopholes available to adept script kiddies, but the novelty will eventually wear off and the community will reach some form of stability.

Until the game has some popularity, you're having the cheaters/crackers problem, and you can't do anything. And if you try to fight em strongly you won't obtain much: they will ddos your service so they still can't cheat, but anyone else cannot play at all. This is the reality.

Hacks are becoming less prevalent now, it seems the detection methods are improving gradually, albeit not quickly enough to mitigate the already numerous deaths caused by their douchebaggery. There will always be loopholes available to adept script kiddies, but the novelty will eventually wear off and the community will reach some form of stability.

This is wrong. They are as prevalent as ever. A server I was playing on this morning was mass killed, and I've been see'ing hacked aircraft fly overhead all week....

I see people getting kicked for having the wrong signature of certain DayZ resource files all the time.

This means that fixes have been in the work.

Unless that's all Battleye's doing.

Regardless, hackers aren't that prevalent. At least the ones with nuke scripts and such.

Teleport scripts and such are a kiddys wet dream though, because they are so readily available.

When these kids have access to nuking scripts and so on, then we can really panic.

But it's not as bad as it could be to be honest.

There really needs to be a type of third party server side verification of files.

If they are altered at all you get banned.

While this is hard to do, since smart coders leave the signature of a file intact, it will eliminate the majority, because it's only a few specific people that release their scripts to the public, and they generally make money from it.

It's the private coders that keep their hacks to themselves that are the real threat. It's I credibly hard to detect such hacks.

So far I've encountered one masskill hacker on the server my group plays own

Luckily the "50m in the air" teleport was ignored by my character because I just exited a vehicle

It teleported me in the air, 1 second after that I was back next to my vehicle again

Instantly logged off and watched the death log go crazy

Interesting title for this thread OP.. but what were you doing on that cheat site to have noticed this?

Just curious :rolleyes:

Interesting title for this thread OP.. but what were you doing on that cheat site to have noticed this?

Just curious :rolleyes:

I actually got the link from Rockets "About facts about himself" thread.

We were trying to see if one could actually see the cheaters in the log, due to the fact that no matter where we put a vehicle it was found within less then 24h.

Apart from the surprise on how many was actually on that form, the only conclusion I could make was that there is no log to look in because the they know how to avoid that already. And it came as no surprise that the find vehicle script was quicklinked from the main sticky.

The reason I wan't a response on this discussion is because I rent a server. EU20. We had cheaters doing everything from being invisible, invurnable, apache helis, you name it. As an admin for the server we can't do jack shit about it. Before I would even consider paying more rent for this server I was hoping that there would be some kind of discussion on what is going on with the hacks, but noone seems to bother much more then respawning and getting new gear. I's a shame if this great mod could not get past this.

The only option we have at this point is to setup a server disconnected from the hive with invites only.