Sign in to follow this  
HalloweeNGT

Corpses vanishing instantly?

Since the last update, i've murdered four players, and the four corpses vanished before I was able to even watch the loot. They were dead, so the corpse should stay on the server even if they disconnect, right?

Its not since the update. The bug was there prior too.

• Like 1

about 2-3 weeks ago i shot a player in cherno with a lee enfield, its one hit kill. the body despawned a few seconds later.

about 5 days ago i got two headshots off. but apparently a headshot from a L85 is not a kill (i think it is so OP?), so one of them just disconnected (no corpse) and the other one woke up again and almost killed me. i killed her (female player) with my pistol. she respawned again at the same spot about 15 minutes later, i again shot her down. she again revived and started bandaging herself, i killed her a second time. body despawned after a couple of minutes.

about 2-3 days ago we shot 3 players at NE airfield in a time spread of about 5 minutes. they all despawned simultaneously a few minutes after the last one died.

then again i already managed to get back to my own corpse after 30+ minutes to retrieve my stuff, more then once.

i would really appreciate a definite answer to: how do human bodies despawn (without being hidden)

Edited by Azrail

Our personal theory is that players logging on/off nearby triggers corpses despawning. We've noticed corpses despawn faster when we fight known combat loggers.

Well I would like to know too. A couple of times I died I ask my friends to watch my body, I wait about 10 seconds before aborting and re-logging at the coast, and they say my body just disappeared :C

I also once spawned up a tree in a forest near elektro, I fell and died of course. I sighed for about a minute >_>, re-logged, ran to where I died (i knew exactly where I died and got a lucky first spawn near elektro took about 5 mins) and I couldn't find it, heard flies and all. And other times I am able to get to my body even if it takes around 20+ mins.

I used to think that bodies disappearing were people desperately trying to alt f4 to save their stuff, apparently it's not always the case. It's very annoying to say the least.

yes, bodies still dissapear too fast. Around 5 minutes. I shot a guy from 1 km, my friend went to check it, and body dissapeared soon after he reached it. Later i was able to run back to my body all across the map and it still was there.

Plus still exploited by logoff masters, as it dissapears almost instantly.